• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Martin Dingman Belt, Nordstrom Rack

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the Martin Dingman belts sold in Nord. Rack is the same quality as the regular line Martin Dingman belts?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
not really sure, but the couple of martin dingman belts i got from the rack were pretty decent for what i paid. i think they were like 17 or 20 bux and they were all right. they didnt feel or look like any made-for-outlet merchandise.

they are like slightly above middling gauge quality to me, which is what i think martin dingman is so that's fine.

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Most of the Dingman belts at the Rack come directly from the manufacturer and are the same quality as those found in the mainline store (perhaps 10% of the Dingman's at the Rack are markdowns that came from the mainline stores). As near as I can tell the belts are not made-up specifically for sale at outlet stores. However, you should still make sure to look them over before buying as they are primarily end-of-season stock, samples (that may or may not have made it into the line-up), some one-offs made for individual customers but not shipped for one reason or another, and more than a few slight irregulars.

I own a couple of dozen Dingman belts, some going back a number of years. Many (if not most) of my Dingman's were purchased at the Rack. Although I wouldn't consider them to be among my finest belts, the quality is still quite nice. From a style standpoint they do classic well, and they also have a knack for pulling off designs that are "classic with a twist." Other than the occasional design misstep (particularly evident in some of the samples), I do like the overall appearance and quality of their belts and in my experience they hold-up (pun intended) very well.

Dennis

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads