• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Martin and Osa...anyone familiar with this brand?

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw an ad for this company in the latest Departures magazine. This particular jacket that the model was wearing caught my eye:

Military style jacket

Does anyone have any experience with this brand?

Thanks.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
M&O has a retail shop in the Cherry Creek mall here in Denver. They are owned by American Eagle Outfitters and are positioned to be their upscale trendy brand. I did not see anything which appealed to me.

Twotone

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw one of their stores in Fascist Island about a year ago. I recall wondering how many of their target demographic would have the faintest notion who the hell "Martin & Osa" were. Their reputation was fading fast back when I was a young 'un.

andrewm

Reaction score
Their clothes are decent but what I really liked was their customer service. Really helpful, friendly people when I went in. I got a decent sweater for $20 I think. That was maybe two years ago though so I don't know if any of that has changed.

mmhollis

Reaction score
I actually bought that jacket at a deep discount, I liked some of their stuff it didn't really impress me so much to pay full price for some things. The staff, however, provided me with some of the best customer service I have had.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
M+O's only appeal is that you can buy their stuff on deep discount (30-70%) almost any day. The fit is pretty mediocre, falling somewhere between true slim and regular fit, and the material and construction is 'ok'. One nice thing is that their dress shirts have MOP buttons, but that doesn't really justify their price, as the fabric is pretty thin. If their basics (tees, sweaters) fit you, they're a good go to brand, just like J Crew or BR.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The stores smell like cedar and the salesgirls are cute. I like they sell Filson and Tretorn and Clarks seasonally. On sale, it's not too bad. Like J Crew, but not as annoying and kitschy.

JR_Rider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andrewm
Their clothes are decent but what I really liked was their customer service. Really helpful, friendly people when I went in. I got a decent sweater for $20 I think. That was maybe two years ago though so I don't know if any of that has changed.

Ditto everything you said on their customer service. It is the best I have experienced in recent memory. Not only is the staff knowlegeable and friendly but they go above and beyond. Plus the store looks very classy and the have the nicest dressing rooms I have ever been in. There is an intercom system in the dressing rooms so you can press a button and ask a sales associate for another size or something else without even opening the door!!

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldn't be more pleased with everything I've ordered from them so far. The sale item prices right now are VERY low and there is usually a 25% or 30% off coupon to boot. I've bought polo shirts for $8 and chinos for $20. And free shipping. The quality is better than Gap and not that far off from J.Crew. Hard to see how they are making money at those prices right now but maybe it's to get them off the ground. Wholeheartedly recommended for basics!

Steggy

Reaction score
i really like this brand. they have pretty awesome deals that i can't resist a lot haha. 50 buck 100% cashmere vnecks that fit well(for me at least) are thumbs up in my book. only some of their stuff appeals to me though style wise. though it looks like it's targeted towards ~30 year olds, and not 20.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've decided this brand is terrible, but someone please update this thread if their Filson bags go on sale.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ugh i bought a hoodie, wore it 2-3 times and some of the stitching came undone... LAME

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I bought a Martin & Osa long sleeved polo shirt at Filene's. I paid about $12 (and the original Martin & Osa label indicated a price of $48, which I thought seemed low). I know nothing about M&O, but I thought the shirt fabric was high quality and of a unique design, plus it has thick buttons that are either MOP or very good fakes. Interestingly, the shirt is almost identical in fabric and cut to a Jay Kos shirt I have....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads