• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Marsell derby shoes and soles

Sehs

Reaction score
I've had a pair of Marsell derby shoes and I don't wear them super often, partially because I live in a colder climate where it rains and snows a lot and even when it's nice out, you might have lots of pebbles on the sidewalk and such.

The shoes have a natural leather sole and I've read a lot about the pros and cons of leather and I'm debating whether its worth adding a thin rubber sole of sorts to these. Does anyone have experience with anything similar? Any advice to share?

Sehs

Reaction score
I don't mean for the shoe to be indoor only though, that seems a bit counter productive. I don't see this as exclusively a "dress shoe" and I do wear galoshes when there's heavy snow and I want to wear nice shoes, but for everyday wear the galoshes would ruin the style of the shoe.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I personally don't like the look of Topys on shoes, but realistically, no one will see the rubber. If you want to protect the leather from the wet ground -- which can grind the leather down prematurely -- you can add a Topy.

For shoes such as Marsell, I don't think you have to do too much to protect the shoes. This style looks better beat up.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.