1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Stephen Marengo, quality?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lino, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Lino

Lino Senior member

How's the quality of Mark Stephen Marengo jackets? Are they full canvassed?

2. PocketCircle

PocketCircle Senior member

Bumping an old thread...

I met the man himself. He tried to sell me a suit. When I was trying the jacket I noticed a big stitching problem on the arms, he went "uh oh, we will sort that out", then he couldn't find matching pants. At this point it was apparent that I shouldn't waste any money in that store.

As I know they are fully canvassed and hand finished.

I also have some pants I bought from his website. It's told to be made in Italy and handstitched in the UK but I don't like the quality.

3. JTA

JTA Senior member

My experience is different.

The suit is well made though I am not sure whether it is fused or canvassed (the person told me it is half canvassed yet I could not find the interlining).

It is British cut and very slim.

I believe MSM has three different lines.

4. MARK STEPHEN MARENGO

MARK STEPHEN MARENGO New Member

Bumping an old thread...

I met the man himself. He tried to sell me a suit. When I was trying the jacket I noticed a big stitching problem on the arms, he went "uh oh, we will sort that out", then he couldn't find matching pants. At this point it was apparent that I shouldn't waste any money in that store.

As I know they are fully canvassed and hand finished.

I also have some pants I bought from his website. It's told to be made in Italy and handstitched in the UK but I don't like the quality.

I dont work in the shops,only savile row on saturday afternoon,so I dont think you met me,we sell many suits and none have big stitching problem on arms!And our trousers are made in italy,and not handstitched in the UK.
    constructive criticism is always welcome its what makes us advance as a company.....