• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mark McNairy must be stopped

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crepe-soled double monks? Really?

tumblr_lg07lqTrx31qgk2tao1_500.jpg

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Crepe-soled double monks? Really?

tumblr_lg07lqTrx31qgk2tao1_500.jpg

Crepe? That looks like dried glue to me. In any event, it's ugly.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Crepe? That looks like dried glue to me. In any event, it's fugly.

There, fixed it for you.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
There, fixed it for you.
Damn good fix. FUGLY!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I feel that most of his designs are, well, thoughtless? Gimmicks?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
I noticed not one, but two different models had their double monks deliberately unbuckled in the Ovadia & Sons lookbook (which was great for the most part).

I fear we're nearing the inevitable shark jump.

Their entire line is essentially designed by the internet.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their entire line is essentially designed by the internet.

I can see Hermes Man coming up with something like that.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
totally agree. but wont you say its not a bad business model?

Definitely not. Given how gaga people are (not just here but on Tumblr, the blogs, etc) over the Pitti pictures, it's not a bad look at all.

ndw

Reaction score
Definitely not. Given how gaga people are (not just here but on Tumblr, the blogs, etc) over the Pitti pictures, it's not a bad look at all.

Funny thing is - I live in a relatively big city - and as much as this aesthetic is hyped on the internet (italian sprzz, etc), I never ever see any such style IRL. I realize places like NYC and London are difft, but for example, I have never seen anyone wearing any sort of lapel flower in the wild (or creative accessory), I have only seen 2 people here wearing double monks (one of which was a random walk by of an SF member whom I recognized), I may see one PS a day (if that), and anything above and beyond a standard issue brooks' suit is unheard of. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I think it just puts into perspective how most people couldn't care less about the way they look - so seeking out and targeting the audience (like those on SF) who will seek out this aesthetic is a good move on their part.

By the way, the shoes in the OP made me throw up a lil in my mouth.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Funny thing is - I live in a relatively big city - and as much as this aesthetic is hyped on the internet (italian sprzz, etc), I never ever see any such style IRL. I realize places like NYC and London are difft, but for example, I have never seen anyone wearing any sort of lapel flower in the wild (or creative accessory), I have only seen 2 people here wearing double monks (one of which was a random walk by of an SF member whom I recognized), I may see one PS a day (if that), and anything above and beyond a standard issue brooks' suit is unheard of. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I think it just puts into perspective how most people couldn't care less about the way they look - so seeking out and targeting the audience (like those on SF) who will seek out this aesthetic is a good move on their part.

I think even in large cities the majority isn't dressing the best. Sure you see it more often than the burbs, but it is not like cities are these runway shows, or press photos.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw

I do think the appeal is to a very specific and/or limited audience - definitely not for everyone.

Sorta like this site.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I think even in large cities the majority isn't dressing the best. Sure you see it more often than the burbs, but it is not like cities are these runway shows, or press photos.

Probably true (obviously you would know better than I as an NYC resident), but it's kind of like hot girls- when I am in NYC, London, or Paris (etc.) I am always taken aback by how many more beautiful women per capita there are compared to my city. Same thing with those well dressed, it's such a rarity for me that I can walk downtown in my city and pretty much guarantee that I wont see anyone "well dressed," and if I do it's the same people over and over.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Probably true (obviously you would know better than I as an NYC resident), but it's kind of like hot girls- when I am in NYC, London, or Paris (etc.) I am always taken aback by how many more beautiful women per capita there are compared to my city. Same thing with those well dressed, it's such a rarity for me that I can walk downtown in my city and pretty much guarantee that I wont see anyone "well dressed," and if I do it's the same people over and over.

I don't know "your city," but many times I am taken aback at how many more attractive women I used to see in Atlanta when I lived there than NYC. So many of the girls here in NYC look like men and/or hippies. If they resemble women, they often look like they haven't seen the sun or can't afford food (which may be true).

OH! and the Russian/Eastern European "princesses" who look like the evil witch from Oz.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads