• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mario Talarico Umbrellas

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just picked up a Talarico umbrella in Naples last week. I have to say that both the quality and value are excellent.

Mine is a whangee full stick (unlike the Briggs whangees which are only handles) with an emerald green silk canapee. I paid about $400. Very nice.

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they have an inernet site or do you have a picture. I love umbrellas and have never heard of this guy.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I hate you. I have had correspondence with Talarico and tried to order with him. I even had someone try to translate e-mail questions for me. Then he went off line and I never heard from him again.

This is the last I heard:
On Nov 28, 2005, at 12:03 PM, Antica Ditta Mario Talarico wrote:

Preg.mo Sig.
     XXXXXX

They are spiacente but not there is nobody that speaks in English, I use a translation program in order to communicate more than a lot
purtoppo I cannot.
Rest to Its complete disposition.
Cordial salutes
Company
Mario Talarico

I responded but never heard back. After that I followed up in January of 2006 with no luck. At least now I know they are still in business.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I just picked up a Talarico umbrella in Naples last week. I have to say that both the quality and value are excellent.

Mine is a whangee full stick (unlike the Briggs whangees which are only handles) with an emerald green silk canapee. I paid about $400. Very nice.

Nice! Of course what use have you of that in SF?
tounge.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It is possible that like brig it is a 2 piece handle/stick setup, but if so, the finishing is masterful.
pix005largelq7.jpg

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
Nice! Of course what use have you of that in SF?
tounge.gif

I use it to beat hippies and street urchins away from me.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a very similar umbrella that I bought at Venanzi which was made in Italy. I assume it's by the same maker, as everything but the canopy fabric is identical. It is a great umbrella -- feels much more substantial than my previous umbrellas.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Have you used it yet?

When the rain hits the canopy, does the silk have that characteristic sound?

not yet. it hasn't rained in the last two days. has it?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I'm not sure; I sometimes have difficulty knowing what day of the week it is.
glad I am not alone in that.

Nonk

Reaction score
Any pics?

I didnt know all whangee was possible. How does the mechanism slide over the bumps?

Am I being stupid?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have decided that it is indeed two pieces, but the finishing is basically seamless so I thought that it was one. As for pics, look above.

Nonk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I have decided that it is indeed two pieces, but the finishing is basically seamless so I thought that it was one. As for pics, look above.

So I was being stupid, given that you have already posted a pic!

My James Smith & Sons umbrella has a similar virtually seamless join.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
If I didn't lose umbrellas and similar equipment *constatly* I would be jealous.

Tom

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics