1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mario Talarico Umbrellas

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by itsstillmatt, Jun 8, 2007.

1. mactire

mactire Senior member

Anyone know current Talarico Euro pricelist?

2. Mariooo

Mariooo Senior member

3. mactire

mactire Senior member

Cheers, I have tried a couple of times to no avail. Even after registering a count there is no information about prices or delivery. I am visiting Naples in December so I will see the place then, I just want to have an idea for prices. Also I'm unsure about carriage with the airline so even if buying from then I'd want it posted by them.

4. mactire

mactire Senior member

Got a reply from Talarico, they start at E140 depending on wood and construction. Anyone here ever have trouble bringing an umbrella on a plane?

5. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

no trouble doing this

1 person likes this.
  6. mactire

mactire Senior member

Never get charged as an extra piece of hand luggage?

7. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

not yet

1 person likes this.
  8. Celadon

Celadon Senior member

They should get more and better colour images and get rid of those annoyingly sharp sounds.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. naviC

naviC Active Member

Has anyone had any experience using M.T. brollys in gusty winds?

10. marcodalondra

marcodalondra Senior member

i had a very bad incident in last year London worst wind day with my MT carry on (metal shaft). The shaft actually bent at the base with the handle and although the ret of a structure resisted well one seam bursted open. I gently bend it back myself as it would not close otherwise and the. Had it recked and fully repaired by MT in my following visit to Naples.

11. naviC

naviC Active Member

That worries me slightly, was looking the 2 piece ones but I find the brollys like delicate works of art. Wonder how they might hold up in the North east where I am.

12. marcodalondra

marcodalondra Senior member

look I do not think there are any umbrella that are made to withstand the heaviest wind. I had a cashmere top coat that day and a briefcase and was trying to juggle the wind and rain with one hand... As a matter of fact the top held the wind fierce quite well and that is why it bent at the handle joint. I also have quite few Fulton umbrellas and these would not have lasted at all.

13. naviC

naviC Active Member

thanks for clearing that Marcodalondra, i'm very much looking forward to recieving my M.T. later this week..

14. naviC

naviC Active Member

[​IMG]
    Got my M.T. earlier today from Exquisite Trimmings.. Came well packaged and in a M.T. sling, which I presume is for convenience. The solidity of the brolly can be immediately felt when you weld this stick, am truly excited to use this our next rainy day. I wanted a canopy in navy but the brown canopy turned out to be a good alternative being so dark in hue but still more interesting to the usual somber black.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. ModernMansWorld

ModernMansWorld Member

16. jedwards

jedwards Senior member

Has anyone managed to order from talarico online / email yet?

17. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I tried to get Mario (Jr) to send me some umbrellas for a long time. Pretty sure it's impossible -- or at least, it's not worth the time and headache at this point given that online retailers such as The Hanger Project and NMWA stock them. They also sometimes pop up on eBay, but not the single stick versions.

Their direct prices are a little cheaper if you buy them when you're in Italy, but not that much cheaper than what's being offered online. At least not if you're just buying one or two. Getting Mario to actually ship you something would probably wash out any savings.

1 person likes this.
  18. jedwards

jedwards Senior member

Thanks for the insight DieWorkWear.

I do find it a bit stressful when I can't buy the things I want, when I want, but welcome to Italy. :D

19. Romain

Romain Senior member

No, but you can try via other websites, like Exquisite trimmings, or ZampaDiGallina (currently having sales on talarico umbrellas)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  20. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

Or you could go for the ever-reliable Germans

http://www.european-umbrellas.com/gentlemen/oertel-handmade.html

The 200EUR models are one-piece solid staff, 8-10 ribs, pearl'ed enclosure loop (thought tbh i prefer snap buttons), and a shiny metal badge

Also a great deal for Americans @ current exchange rate

1 person likes this.