• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mario bosco

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Went by mario brosco today -dropped off 10 pairs of pants to be hemmed/cuffed.

Mario confirmed he'd have them done by wednesday afternoon.

For flat fronts he does no cuff, for pleated cuffs he does 1.75 inch cuffs - he said he thought 2 inch cuffs are too "trendy."

I'll let you know how satisfied I am with the work on wednesday - 2 day turn around.
16 for hemmed / no cuffs
18 for cuffs

Afterwards stopped by benies - picked up a long shoe horn and lexol conditioner.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would have been tempted to cuff the flat fronts also. I am fairly sure with that turnaround that Mario won't be doing the work himself, and to be honest, not sure why you would have taken them there since any seamstress/alterations place can easily do this. Mario's true skill comes through in complex situations. I once brought a pair of Armani RTW trousers to him as they fit tight in the seat. He spent 10 minutes demonstrating why the operation was not as simple as simply letting out the seat. He's a fantastic guy who does fine, fine work. I wish the parking lot would be a bit easier to access and get out of though, lol

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I would have been tempted to cuff the flat fronts also. I am fairly sure with that turnaround that Mario won't be doing the work himself, and to be honest, not sure why you would have taken them there since any seamstress/alterations place can easily do this. Mario's true skill comes through in complex situations. I once brought a pair of Armani RTW trousers to him as they fit tight in the seat. He spent 10 minutes demonstrating why the operation was not as simple as simply letting out the seat. He's a fantastic guy who does fine, fine work. I wish the parking lot would be a bit easier to access and get out of though, lol

I almost got into an accident there,some dumb ***** almost ran over me when she was backing out.
Mr.Bosco is a great man,I am sure he doesn't do alterations himself but his service is outstanding.I am supposed to pick up bunch of things from him this weekend.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
Went by mario brosco today -dropped off 10 pairs of pants to be hemmed/cuffed.

Mario confirmed he'd have them done by wednesday afternoon.

For flat fronts he does no cuff, for pleated cuffs he does 1.75 inch cuffs - he said he thought 2 inch cuffs are too "trendy."

I'll let you know how satisfied I am with the work on wednesday - 2 day turn around.
16 for hemmed / no cuffs
18 for cuffs

Afterwards stopped by benies - picked up a long shoe horn and lexol conditioner.

Is this what you are doing with your pants because he said this is what he does, or are you getting the pants done the way you want to (which so happens to be what he does)?

Speaking of shoe horns, there is a great one offered by our Hanger Project affiliate for a great price. I'm tempted to get one.

TintinATL

Reaction score
I agree, he is a true craftsman but overkill for basic stuff. I asked him to shorten jacket sleeves and put in working buttonholes, but didn't check what it would cost. When I picked the jacket up the bill was $150. He'd written it on my ticket, I just hadn't paid attention. +1 on the parking situation. And what's the deal with the barbershop next door? They advertise 10 or 15 or whatever (I forget how many) barbers on duty, which seems weird because I never see many cars in their side of the parking lot.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TintinATL
I agree, he is a true craftsman but overkill for basic stuff. I asked him to shorten jacket sleeves and put in working buttonholes, but didn't check what it would cost. When I picked the jacket up the bill was $150. He'd written it on my ticket, I just hadn't paid attention.

+1 on the parking situation. And what's the deal with the barbershop next door? They advertise 10 or 15 or whatever (I forget how many) barbers on duty, which seems weird because I never see many cars in their side of the parking lot.

That's actually not awful for cutting buttonholes, particularly if you had 4 on each sleeve. Hong Kong tailors does their buttonholes by hand, so I usually get this type of work done there.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, he might be overkill for basic stuff, but the other place I was going to go did not promise to have them done before I left ATL, and I wanted to get this done. I know this is basic stuff but I still did not want something so simple screwed up.

I would have cuffed some of the pants, not all, but seriously, it did not matter much to me either way - at least prior to alterations.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, he might be overkill for basic stuff, but the other place I was going to go did not promise to have them done before I left ATL, and I wanted to get this done. I know this is basic stuff but I still did not want something so simple screwed up.

I would have cuffed some of the pants, not all, but seriously, it did not matter much to me either way - at least prior to alterations.

Why would you want to have your pants done while you are on a trip?
confused.gif

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am on vacation this week - at the gf's family's place in atl, and one of my holiday presents was to get some items tailored.

So, I picked to go to mario to get stuff tailored - better than spending my vacation running other errands (her errands) and playing trivial pursuit and such.

We've already gone to the aquarium - and going to cnn center tmw.

Ate at horseraddish grill tonight.

A trip to sid mashburns is pending!

adambparker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am on vacation this week - at the gf's family's place in atl, and one of my holiday presents was to get some items tailored.

So, I picked to go to mario to get stuff tailored - better than spending my vacation running other errands (her errands) and playing trivial pursuit and such.

We've already gone to the aquarium - and going to cnn center tmw.

Ate at horseraddish grill tonight.

A trip to sid mashburns is pending!

I went to a friend's wedding at the aquarium about 6 months ago, and we were going to see the aquarium itself during the day. I never expected to pay $30 for a museum/attraction outside of NY. I still kinda wish we'd sucked it up and gone, because the event space that the wedding in was pretty phenomenal, and I got the sense that the rest of the museum was worth it.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adambparker
I went to a friend's wedding at the aquarium about 6 months ago, and we were going to see the aquarium itself during the day. I never expected to pay $30 for a museum/attraction outside of NY. I still kinda wish we'd sucked it up and gone, because the event space that the wedding in was pretty phenomenal, and I got the sense that the rest of the museum was worth it.

It's not worth it,trust me.You haven't lost anything.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the aquarium. You should definitely check it out next time you're in town.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a corporate dinner in the beluga room. Pretty cool to sit in there and watch these massive animals swimming by while listening to a corporate drone speak.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a corporate dinner in the beluga room. Pretty cool to sit in there and watch these massive animals swimming by while listening to a corporate drone speak.

That room is nice,I think aquarium has nice conference rooms.But as far as the fish,I am not impressed,it could stand to be much bigger.It only takes you but an hour and a half to see the whole thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads