• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mario Bemer

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see that he doesn't have his own thread yet.

I recently was in his shop while vacationing in Florence. I chatted with Mario's business partner - Nicola - about the shoes and he couldn't have been more welcoming. Then Mario came out and he chatted with me for a bit. Two extremely nice guys who know their stuff and took their time explaining things to me. They were very curious how I had heard of Mario Bemer shoes.

Anyhow, here's a plug for his shoes - they are sublime and will definitely be my first purchase in that price range. I found the customizing options very reasonable as well.

What is the consensus here on his shoes?

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I walked by his shop a few times too, one time decided to drop in; the lasts are beautiful, quality of the leather and workmanship really good. Mario is a super nice guy; sadly, none of his lasts fit me (but I expected that, as my feet are really difficult).

casadisartoria

Reaction score
Last edited:

PSNY

Reaction score
Can you share the prices for bespoke and MTO?

casadisartoria

Reaction score
RTW roughly in the range of 900 Euro and up, with MTO an average of 15% on top of the RTW pricing.

Bespoke varies in pricing, depending on if it's from Mario directly or through a retailer. The bespoke last fee (first time only) is 400 Euro.

Please email or PM me for further details.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely will be in attendance!
did you attend the show? I was there and actually am here to post some photos of what shoes were available to see! I was there on June 4th.

Mario and Luca are very friendly and creative people and it was a pleasure to speak with them and design a pair of shoes together.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also will show you pictures of my shoes when they are finished.

sldsd

Reaction score
I visit their store in September. Mario and Seji are super nice to talk with. Also I like Mario's style very much, casual with some style elements from 50's. A big fan of the canvas/calfskin combo, perfect match with my white jeans.....Will order a bespoke pair next year.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I know it has been a long time since i've been available on here, but I've got a lot of shoes to post for you guys to see on various threads from St. C, GG, Enzo Bonafe and even Mario Bemer. (got some other new stuff on the way too but I'll save the pictures until those bespoke projects are finished.)

This pair I had made from Mario came out amazing! It was a great team effort and I think you will all like it.

I liked the more rounded toe that MB has and wanted to make a more casual monk strap with plenty of character so we picked the double monk and had a cap toe added. Then chose between camel skin and a very smooth "velvina" suede. This pair was a MTO but due to my narrow and long foot, they chose a smaller size to help my width and lengthened the last for me. I feel that it came out great!

Mario and Luca were very accommodating with my foot as well as my unique and creative requests. They loved being a part of it, and love to build off of the creativity that any of you may have, but they also can do some great formal styles as well.

The quality is amazing being hand welted with top notch leathers. The sole I chose was like nothing I've seen before with some soft rubber inside the leather sole that softens the walking and is quite flexible even though it is hand welted, which was truly a first for me to see and experience.

I love the shoes and they are definitely a company I would purchase from again and am strongly considering full bespoke from these great guys and craftsmen/artists.

Now to let the pictures explain the rest:

The pictures of the materials after they were cut!

smoothed out Camel

Great packaging in a wooden box

I love the fine details we were able to choose like adding the cap toe, making a rounded sole edge instead of the normal flat, and the steel buckles.

Such a great sole with the injected rubber into the leather sole.

The elongated yet rounded toe

They chose some clean classic shoe trees but still gave them a neat twist with how the wood comes together at the joint

In natural light where they belong!

Enjoy everyone!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 59 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 114 33.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 103 30.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%