• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Marinella - Solid Navy?

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Marinella makes a solid navy tie? I have a few of there prints and whenever i see them on ebay or someone selling them there always prints. Does anyone know if BG would have one? thanks.

Hanseat

Reaction score
Yes, at least I'm 99% sure as I have a Marinella tie (made in Naples though- I didn't bespeak it) that is a nice heavy black twill. But I guess they'll have it as a solid navy tie is essential for any well-dressed Italian.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
It looks lighter than navy to me, but I have a very similar grenadine from Ben Silver and it's very versatile.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies
Its light blue.

I dont have Navy.

Sorry.

Don't be sorry Jon, that tie is magnificent and I will order one, eventually!

nearly new

Reaction score
I got the most wonderful solid navy 180's wool tie last year from Kiton. It's hard to explain when you don't have pattern, texture or color to play off of what makes this tie so great. If I took a picture of it it wouldn't look special. But in the hand. The way it ties. The knot it makes is so full and rich and has such great casual presence. It's almost scarf like if that helps. It isn't rigid and stuffy. I got it in Dallas at Stanley Horshack(sp?). I don't know if they or Kiton in N.Y. could help you as it was some time ago but if it's that simple elegant look you're going for cheap doesn't cut it try to track down the Kiton.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Don't be sorry Jon, that tie is magnificent and I will order one, eventually!

Listen...

Can you hear that?

Andrew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnndddddddddrrrreeewwwwwwww!!!!! Come and Getttttttttttt uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 47 16.1%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 100 34.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 89 30.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 33 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.4%