• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marinella book

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I got the new Marinella book in the mail today. It is published by Electa, which does a lot of the best Italian fashion books (including co-publishing the great Apparel Arts reprint). It is a beautiful book, handsomely illustrated. I look forward to reading through the text.

Material Boy

Reaction score
Manton:

Can you give us a bit more detail on the book: ISBN number, where did you order your book from etc.

Thanks,

MB

FFW

Reaction score
I also have it, a birthday present from my aunt. She has an italian bookstore. It really is nice illustrated book.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
It's an Italian book, so there is no ISBN. There are two editions: one with Italian text, and one with English. I assume that the English version is just a translation and that the books are otherwise identical.

It was actually a thread on this site that alerted me to it. I tried to find the thread to link, but I don't think the search function here is working all that well. It finds really old posts, but tends to skip over more recent stuff. Anyway, I got it off an Italian art book seller's website.

bryce330

Reaction score
You can buy it at www.libroco.it or www.ibs.it, among others. I've been thinking of ordering it but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Material Boy

Reaction score
With the help of bryce330 and Manton, I was able to track down the book online: http://www.libroco.it/cgi-bin....=146945 It is priced at 80 euro, at today's exchange rate, that amounts to $107 for a 160 pages book. Wow I thought only we at the States are paying high prices for books. Apparently that is not the case. Europeans are paying even higher prices for their books.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
The same site sold it to me for 56 Euros. Lord knows why, they just did.

bryce330

Reaction score
If you register for an account with LibroCo, they will give you 30% off all Electa books, including the Marinella book.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Nice of them.  Registering the account was free.

jester

Reaction score
Hmm. I registered for an account successfully, but I'm not seeing the discount. Is there something special I need to do?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
No, it just happened automatically when I ordered. Shipping was 15 euros.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No, it just happened automatically when I ordered.
Note to self: this indicates that Manton is not price-sensitive when buying books about clothing. Be sure to raise prices 30% when attempting to sell him something.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I confess that I would have paid full price for it. Electa clothing books are really good. And the English versions have tiny print runs. I have found through bitter experience that you can either buy when they come out, or spend years trying to find them.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of marinella, I have two ties (one light blue with very small navy and yellow pattern), and a heavier silk burgandy tie (blue and yellow small pattern). They are wonderfully constructed, bought from Bergdorf Goodman NYC, but I've never worn them. Anyone interested in the pair for $100 plus shipping to you? paypal, money order, etc. is fine

I guess I've grown partial to 'mod' patterns and stripes from brioni and bizzochi.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads