• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marijuana in movies/tv-shows, real or fake?

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Me and my friend Redundant recently had a debate. On the season finale of Kenny vs Spenny they had a competition who can smoke more weed. As you may know it is a Canadian show (weed is illegal) and they did not have any legal means to acquire it (disease etc.) So my stance on it was that like other shows such as Trailer Park Boys they used a legal "prop" herb. My friend's stance was that they acquired a permit to break the law for the sake of television, or that their plan was to make it look like they got it legally so cops would not check. In other words he thinks it is real weed.

Do you think weed on TV shows (used in countries that it is illegal in) is real or "prop"?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please stop posting.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
You can smoke weed legally in both Victoria and Vancouver (I'm guessing the rest of B.C. as well) but, mostly Vancouver. I know this from first-hand experience so don't try to B.S. me with your knowledge of Canadian law. The weed in a few of the programs in question may very well have been real. I think TPB films in the Maritimes or something though and I am not familiar with laws in that area. Kenny & Spenny probably had the budget to make it happen though (on record...that show is horrible).

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This is something that only stoners would discuss.

Thats the irony. I doubt anyone else really cares.
smile.gif

rents

Reaction score
Weed is illegal in Canada, but cops don't really care about it. There are a couple "cafes" in Toronto where you can go and smoke.

That being said, I dont see why Kenny and Spenny couldnt get away with real weed if they wanted.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
You can smoke weed legally in both Victoria and Vancouver (I'm guessing the rest of B.C. as well) but, mostly Vancouver. I know this from first-hand experience so don't try to B.S. me with your knowledge of Canadian law. The weed in a few of the programs in question may very well have been real. I think TPB films in the Maritimes or something though and I am not familiar with laws in that area. Kenny & Spenny probably had the budget to make it happen though (on record...that show is horrible).

Without trying to BS with my knowledge of Canadian law, please show me why you think that "You can smoke weed legally in both Victoria and Vancouver." Now, I know it would be pretty tough to prove this negative, so I have provided a couple of links.

Drug laws are federal (though not part of the criminal code), so I think your comment " I think TPB films in the Maritimes or something though and I am not familiar with laws in that area" shows at least some ignorance to the laws of Canada.

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/showdoc...nchorbo-ga:l_I
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/showdoc.../en#anchorsc:2

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
Without trying to BS with my knowledge of Canadian law, please show me why you think that "You can smoke weed legally in both Victoria and Vancouver." Now, I know it would be pretty tough to prove this negative, so I have provided a couple of links. Drug laws are federal (though not part of the criminal code), so I think your comment " I think TPB films in the Maritimes or something though and I am not familiar with laws in that area" shows at least some ignorance to the laws of Canada. http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/showdoc...nchorbo-ga:l_I http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/showdoc.../en#anchorsc:2
Oh, don't mistake me, my knowledge is not extensive or irrefutable... just tested. Often. I don't mean to come off as arrogant, just well informed.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oh, don't mistake me, my knowledge is not extensive or irrefutable... just tested. Often. I don't mean to come off as arrogant, just well informed.

Shhh... Carnivore is watching.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, I would say you are far from well informed. Because you do not get arrested for something does not mean it is lawful.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
Well, I would say you are far from well informed. Because you do not get arrested for something does not mean it is lawful.
I actually live in one of these cities and I can guarantee you it is NOT legal. It is not generally prosecuted on smaller scale but it can very well be.
Originally Posted by Redundant
Thank You
For the members, this is my poorly educated friend here.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
For the members, this is my poorly educated friend here.

No, it's you posting. Please stop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads