1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Marijuana, do you partake?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kwilkinson, Jun 11, 2010.

1. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

I never have. When I was younger I had numerous opportunities and always chose not to partake. The joint just passed right by me at the table and my friends never pressured me. When I got older I realized I made it this far without ever trying it and I don't feel like I am missing out on anything.

2. Nananine

Nananine Senior member

Weed is much MUCH more positive for me than alcohol., but it also depends on the strain. Indica exacerbates my depression considerably, but I'm still functional and has the bonus effect of killing my terrible allergy symptoms. Sativa worsens my allergies and sort of keeps me couch locked, but it doesn't make my depression worsen. I stay away from Indica now.

When I worked as a journalist, it was nightly. Nowadays, occasionally.

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I never have. When I was younger I had numerous opportunities and always chose not to partake. The joint just passed right by me at the table and my friends never pressured me. When I got older I realized I made it this far without ever trying it and I don't feel like I am missing out on anything.

Same here.

4. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

What would you do if you got high one time and were stuck like that for your life time?

5. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Senior member

How do I answer the poll if I tried it once in college but I didn't inhale?

6. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

Before work and post-workout.

7. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

Now I'm curious, and would defiantly try it if I had the chance.

Defiance is key, it's not worth it.

8. imschatz

imschatz Senior member

What would you do if you got high one time and were stuck like that for your life time?
    What would you do if you got toe punted in the nuts by David Beckham?

9. milosz

milosz Senior member

Once every two or three years nowadays, more often in my teens/early '20s but never on the regular. I don't like weed for the most part - cottonmouth from hell, if I've been drinking I get nauseous.

If it were legal, I'd like to explore the varieties of boutique weed like they have in Amsterdam or pot dispensaries - I could see getting into something that's more mental than physical. But it's not worth the effort or money for me to make the connections to get really, really good shit here in TX.

10. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

Has anyone ever actually had to take a drug test for a professional job?

That's one reason I don't partake, you never know when you might need/want to find a new gig and land a great offer but it requires a drug test. Another reason is that like drinking I probably wouldn't be able to do anything productive while high. At least with drinking you're usually out socializing when you do it.

11. spertia

spertia Senior member

I used to smoke multiple times per day, but having children has changed that.

12. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

Weed is definitely the downside of living only 15-20 minutes away from the Netherlands. Fortunately, I haven't touched a joint/blunt/pipe/bong since about 5 years by now. At the age of 17-21 I even would have smoked 'Red & Meth' under the table though. I can't stop shaking my head when I reminisce about the amount of money I spent on it, the fucking expensive equipment I owned and the fact that the Netherlands have been like a home from home back then. We really over-egged the pudding...

13. darkdream

darkdream Senior member

Never have never will. Smoking it regularly impairs the brain's ability to learn.

14. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Never have never will. Smoking it regularly impairs the brain's ability to learn.

How much TV do you watch?

15. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Senior member

How do I answer the poll if I tried it once in college but I didn't inhale?

I thought this was funny, but it just got crickets. :shrug:

It's the one thing that Bill Clinton and I had in common.

16. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Never tried it. Not sure if I ever will.

17. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

What would you do if you got toe punted in the nuts by David Beckham?

?? I don't get it, are you saying it doesn't happen?

18. javyn

javyn Senior member

This pretty much explains why I am the way I am.

19. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Have smoked it maybe a couple of dozen times in my life. Last was about ten years ago. Tried almost every drug available around that time once or twice (except I missed out on X [​IMG] ), greatly prefer alcohol. Although LSD would be more tempting if it only last for thirty minutes.

It shows [​IMG] I keed, I keed

I only tired Marijuana a couple of times, I did not like it at all.

20. imschatz

imschatz Senior member

?? I don't get it, are you saying it doesn't happen?
    Not with Marijuana.
    Has anyone ever actually had to take a drug test for a professional job?

That's one reason I don't partake, you never know when you might need/want to find a new gig and land a great offer but it requires a drug test. Another reason is that like drinking I probably wouldn't be able to do anything productive while high. At least with drinking you're usually out socializing when you do it.

That's why I stopped. I'll do it occasionally. Usually, get high and go to the movies. But, for the most part .. It is a SERIOUS waste of time, time I don't have to waste. Back in Highschool .. I had all the time in the world. Now, I got shit to do.