• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Margiela S/S 09 and F/W 09

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Just like with Ervell, since the Spring season is upon us i'll post some s/s09 gear in case people are interested in hitting up stores. The fall collection just came out so it's relevant to post A lot of people on this forum have limited experience with MMM. Maybe most famous for Jet/Gulkhan drama. Member, Warlok has a few of the interesting pieces from i think s/s or f/w08 and i know people like pg2g has some of their basics. It's a brand that would probably work well with what many people on this forum like to do. Casual men's sartorial stuff but with a bit of an edge/twist. Could be a nice point to break free of the safe jcrew/boo/steven alan/eg type stuff with a piece that would fit in with those brands but provide something a bit different. Again, i included the runway reviews for whatever they're worth. S/S 09 http://men.style.com/fashion/collect...review/MARGMEN
margmwss090018hw1.jpg
margmwss090088pv4.jpg
margmwss090069fd1.jpg
margmwss090096sk5.jpg
margmwss090128oq6.jpg
margmwss090102ab2.jpg
00010m.jpg
00070m.jpg
00110m.jpg
00180m.jpg
************************************************************* F/W 09 http://men.style.com/fashion/collect...review/MARGMEN
mm9.jpg
mm4.jpg
mm7.jpg
00020m.jpg
00070m.jpg
00090m.jpg
00170m.jpg
00200m.jpg
Personally, i enjoy margiela. As i said before, it's classy (relative i know) sartorial stuff but with a bit of and edge and some kind of identity compared to some of the normal forum fare. Just thought i'd share.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like these posts Alex. Keep them coming.

Fall stuff looks good, especially love that heavy knit cardigan.

*edit*

Saw the disco stuff IRL. Pretty shnazzy.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Chronoaug summed it up well. If I ever make money all my basics will come from MMM instead of H&M.

Also the reserved nature of the men's is wonderful and wearable, but his womenswear is absurdly next-level.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a fan at all, really.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
I always like MMM shoes, the textures on so many of them just look cool. The first pic is a good example.

Plus they're probably the most comfortable shoes I've owned straight out of the box.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Going to cop suede boots yezzir.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Casual men's sartorial stuff but with a bit of an edge/twist. Could be a nice point to break free of the safe jcrew/boo/steven alan/eg type stuff with a piece that would fit in with those brands but provide something a bit different.

Right, an easy jump. Margiela is without equal in both design/quality and pricepoint.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Not a fan at all, really.
Post a collection you like from 2009 (spring or fall). It's this, or toil away in 80 pages of jcrew ss09, h&m fw08, uniqlo 2009, or a line consisting mainly of basics and isn't really meant to be taken seriously as far as complete collections are concerned like BoO If i get bored later, i'll post junya ss and fw 2009. Some EG heads will probably enjoy fw09

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post a collection you like from 2009 (spring or fall).

I'm fairly certain there is nothing he actually likes other than Billy Reid.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post a collection you like from 2009 (spring or fall). It's this, or toil away in 80 pages of jcrew ss09, h&m fw08, uniqlo 2009, or a line consisting mainly of basics and isn't really meant to be taken seriously as far as complete collections are concerned like BoO If i get bored later, i'll post junya ss and fw 2009. Some EG heads will probably enjoy fw09
I don't know if you're trying to promote discussion or telling me to get lost. I'm just opining -- MMM has never done much for me and this season is no different. I'll post stuff I like from SS09.
Originally Posted by mulansauce
I'm fairly certain there is nothing he actually likes other than Billy Reid.
Not true at all. Read through my other posts instead of dwelling on my criticisms. A lot of stuff I like isn't widely accepted on SF so I tend not to post it. I'll bit this time though.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Post a collection you like from 2009 (spring or fall). It's this, or toil away in 80 pages of jcrew ss09, h&m fw08, uniqlo 2009, or a line consisting mainly of basics and isn't really meant to be taken seriously as far as complete collections are concerned like BoO

If i get bored later, i'll post junya ss and fw 2009. Some EG heads will probably enjoy fw09

He's just begging for attention dude loves mj that's all you need to know. Just let him be and don't fall for his trap again.

KaiserSose

Reaction score
Only digging a few items, but I think it's real cool that you guys are taking the time to do this. I hear a lot of talk here about people posting boring pics, or wearing the same safe outfits. To be honest (speaking as one), it's hard for a noob to break out of that without information such as this. I didn't even know this designer existed until 5 mins ago. Anyways, just wanted to say I'm really enjoying these threads today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics