• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Margaret Howell/MHL

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On a similar note has anybody seen the linen hopsack narrow trousers in a size Large (or any other summer variety)?
I think I might have slept too long since neighbor, need and Unionmade have all sold their Larges :(

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried on both the MHL Slim Chino and Worker trouser? If so was the general fit the same, except the wider leg hem on the worker? @ike_hiking_boots ?

NO MERCY

Reaction score
Autumn Winter 2018
ODHVqYt.jpg

j0glJ6r.jpg

AbHKRw7.jpg

MZDq4Vx.jpg

2AzAZUm.jpg

6m0dlNB.jpg

25iFqix.jpg

eLKQWTu.jpg

ZOfOCkh.jpg

b7oTyGk.jpg

fk4Y9K2.jpg

yqAc1K7.jpg

Jw25EdV.jpg

ALTf65E.jpg

BcdRnDv.jpg

3LcVlW3.jpg

c3RK3Gn.jpg

QOi5Whj.jpg

TJHxXy5.jpg

DNxfItv.jpg

IlxaB7M.jpg

UlUoHA0.jpg

etBvvd4.jpg

rpC6DKn.jpg

jQqYfSO.jpg

O1wBrzv.jpg

VgU3wbS.jpg

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No drastic departure from what we've seen before, but I like it.

I especially liked the olive belted coat (which has a Kapital ring coat vibe), berets, Paraboot style shoes and belted pants (which a lot of designers seem to be doing these days).

upload_2018-2-18_17-9-34.png

upload_2018-2-18_17-10-39.png

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Curious if anybody had tried the wool serge cinch back trousers from last season?
I think they were MHL but could have been mainline. There's some this season that are MHL but cotton.

Anyway, I'm wondering how you found the high back and just any thoughts overall.
5f80d55ec34a1c9d37147a51b3d7550c.jpg

b4a4d49bb2cf7969ead547119e329f80.jpg

Canvas version:
96df4a3e571a9c5285708f4ec6093c1a.jpg

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the Margaret Howell web store not ship internationally?

Any ideas where I could find these two items? Seems to me there are fewer stockists carrying her these days...

https://www.margarethowell.co.uk/shop/men-ss18/shop/all/military-chino-heavy-cotton-drill-charcoal

https://www.margarethowell.co.uk/shop/men-ss18/shop/all/mhl-belted-jacket-raised-cotton-drill-khaki
Very true, personally I'm into the brand still but I can see why people that haven't tried the brand before or don't understand her ethos could pass it by, which obvious hurts sales. That and her deliveries don't seem to be inline with the standard fashion seasons. They seem to arrive much later than most stuff, giving it less shelf time before sale season.

With that said, I know TBS has the belted jacket in charcoal
https://tres-bien.com/margaret-howell-mhl-belted-cotton-drill-jacket-off-black-ss18

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Very true, personally I'm into the brand still but I can see why people that haven't tried the brand before or don't understand her ethos could pass it by, which obvious hurts sales. That and her deliveries don't seem to be inline with the standard fashion seasons. They seem to arrive much later than most stuff, giving it less shelf time before sale season.

With that said, I know TBS has the belted jacket in charcoal
https://tres-bien.com/margaret-howell-mhl-belted-cotton-drill-jacket-off-black-ss18

Yeah, there are some places that I'm not sure if they've dropped her or if they just haven't received their deliveries yet - makes it a bit hard to pull the trigger on certain pieces when I'm holding out for other stores' buys. Granted, it's always been a 'quiet' brand and I'm sure they have their dedicated customer base so they're probably not hurting/don't see the need to expand too much, but it can be frustrating sometimes.

They ship internationally, but you just need to contact them via email and theyll send you an order form !

Cheers - thanks for the heads up. Any idea if they remove VAT from the total for international orders?

Also, more generally, does anyone know roughly when the web shop usually starts their mark downs?

NO MERCY

Reaction score
Cheers - thanks for the heads up. Any idea if they remove VAT from the total for international orders?

Here's the response I got from MH when looking for a few pieces no stateside or online retailer seemed to be carrying --

upload_2018-6-5_20-42-22.png

Hope that's of some help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads