• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Margaret Howell/MHL

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, whats the deal? The MHL items at Tres biens looks ******* great. Worth the price?

Ideefixee

Reaction score
I'm copping the pea coat soon. Sooo nice to have 20 % off.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
inventory magazine did a spread on her.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^MHL stuff on tres bien atleast is exactly my style..

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MHL can work with most workwear as long as you use it right. The look is a bit sleeker and cleaner and can be paired successfully with toned down, simplified pieces. I wear my royal blue MHL pants (MHL tends to fit baggier than the Margaret Howell line) with a simple white EG 19th Century BD shirts or white/chambray EG workshirt and a pair of Yuketen Penny Loafers (w/ crepe soles).

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
In b4 jet.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
MHL can work with most workwear as long as you use it right. The look is a bit sleeker and cleaner and can be paired successfully with toned down, simplified pieces. I wear my royal blue MHL pants (MHL tends to fit baggier than the Margaret Howell line) with a simple white EG 19th Century BD shirts or white/chambray EG workshirt and a pair of Yuketen Penny Loafers (w/ crepe soles).

sounds about right
smile.gif

how do you like your MHL pants, quality/fabric/details? I really like the "service trousers" tres bien has. The cord "staff jacket" and rain coats looks amazing aswell.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
how do you like your MHL pants, quality/fabric/details? I really like the "service trousers" tres bien has. The cord "staff jacket" and rain coats looks amazing aswell.
I'm quite fond of the MHL pants. The fabric is an overdyed lightweight twill and the details are subtle: drawstring that only goes halfway around the waist (the front half), which results in bunching in the front but not the back, mismatched rear pockets, button fly, made in portugal. Nothing too loud. Interesting quote on the tag: "This product is inspired by function and utility".

The service trousers look good. Like the double buttoned cinch straps at the waist. Would be best worn beltless.

The cord staff and rain jackets look good too. I've got my eye though on the cord EG Irving Jacket which is going for the same look.

chroMe

Reaction score
I bought a raincoat last year and the hood ripped. Nice outlet shop in York and have bought woollen ties but its marketed towards monied boring lawyers/suchlike. Stores on Wimpole, Fulham Road tell the tale.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read your post yesterday about how you're cleaning up your look for academia or some jazz, and I think you're on the right track here. Bobo-fied oversizion and workwear style in a classy(er) way seems like her bread and butter. The fabrics are really nice too. I think you'll be really happy with her stuff.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by burningbright
Where is her line manufactured primarily?

Main line england mhl in portugal.

Ry'on

Reaction score
Both the mainline and MHL are manufactored mostly in Portugal, but bits are made around the UK depending on fabrics.

SB - I think the pants would suit your style pretty well. Great loose fitting silouhettes, really nice fabrics and solid construction. I think it's some of the best stuff out there. Just make sure to check measurements because a lot of it tends to fit on the large side. It's great stuff. The mainline knitwear is usually very very good too, as it is this fall.

Moosbrugger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ry'on
Both the mainline and MHL are manufactored mostly in Portugal, but bits are made around the UK depending on fabrics.

Huh? I own probably 20-30 mainline pieces and all but(I think) 1 is made in england.

And yeah, the MHL stuff is deffo worth the price. It's no different from the mainline in quality, just a less dressy style and with fewer luxe fabrics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads