• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Margaret Howell/MHL

catchh

Reaction score
Yeah, the JP site always seems to have a bit more selection than the main UK site.

sandmountain

Reaction score
I emailed them a few weeks ago just before the Mizuno went up. They just replied saying that the Mizuno poncho would be available soon, but did not address my question regarding the wool outerwear. Not sure if they knew or that they do not want to give up too much information. I do think they know, and sometimes they do answer a bit more specifically and sometimes a bit more vaguely.

Yeah, I think the quality of the response can depend on which staff member you get replying to your email at the time, but generally I haven’t found that they’re trying to keep things a secret. Maybe I’m wrong, though? You could always try again and see? The stuff in Japan isn’t necessarily indicative of what gets released in the UK and they seem to have way more inventory/things that are exclusive to Japan.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what about the Melton shawl collar coat?
Or are you just looking for long coats?

catchh

Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t want to email again. I’ll just wait and see. Normally they always have an option.

what about the Melton shawl collar coat?
Or are you just looking for long coats?
I noticed that, but was curious about mainline options and I do was hoping for a longer coat.

catchh

Reaction score
margaret-howell-men-aw21-lookbook-03_2.jpeg
I have this shirt from last FW21 brand new with tags if anyone is interested? size small. Sadly a bit to small on me.

sandmountain

Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t want to email again. I’ll just wait and see. Normally they always have an option.

I noticed that, but was curious about mainline options and I do was hoping for a longer coat.

I saw this on eBay and thought that perhaps it might interest you? Not sure if it’s your size or your thing, though.

catchh

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, a nice overcoat! Though, am more interested in anything newer that comes along.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just like the texture and flecks of it, to be honest.
thornepoof wool is a bit denser, instead of a single yarn it’s made with 2 yarns wound together so it makes a tighter weave and I guess the name comes from the fact that thorns can’t penetrate it (as easily) when you’re gardening or whatever real people did before the internet. In all honestly I just like the subtle salt and pepper flecks and the dry hand of it.
it would also be either Harris Tweed or Moon fabric but the listing doesn’t seem to show which one. I think probably moon.

milosh

Reaction score
Lol was pretty sure they’d put up some long coats by now. Going to Paris and was hoping to try some in store.

catchh

Reaction score
Yeah, last year they didn’t either. They had the short length zip up fox brothers wool coat last year. But, nothing longer. The women got longer wool coats last year and this year. Not sure how come the men side didn’t. I am curious to know why.

catchh

Reaction score
And it looks like this upcoming spring summer there are longer coats in the collection.

sandmountain

Reaction score
Yeah, last year they didn’t either. They had the short length zip up fox brothers wool coat last year. But, nothing longer. The women got longer wool coats last year and this year. Not sure how come the men side didn’t. I am curious to know why.

Yeah, it’s starting to seem unlikely that anything else will be released this year. I’m surprised how late into the season some stuff was released. I noticed a store in Sydney only just today started stocking the AW22 collection, which is crazy but I imagine they won’t put it on sale after Christmas. In fact I’ve noticed quite a few stores still selling SS22 stuff at full price, maybe because it also got released so late.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads