• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Margaret Howell/MHL

catchh

Reaction score
The website updates on Fridays with new items. They really stretch it out compared with the women’s new stock(don’t think it’s intentional though).

Been waiting on that green raglan sleeve shirt in the lookbook.

catchh

Reaction score
Also, now that it was mentioned. I have noticed my saddle crew knits have shrunk a little bit after washing. Do you guys generally size up on them to avoid this?

It’s not hugely different, but definitely feels a bit more snug.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, now that it was mentioned. I have noticed my saddle crew knits have shrunk a little bit after washing. Do you guys generally size up on them to avoid this?

It’s not hugely different, but definitely feels a bit more snug.
I would not recommend sizing up. I think the only way to avoid shrinkage is to have them dry cleaned. I had the most severe shrinkage on a cotton/cashmere crew however all of my other cotton/cashmere blends haven't shrunk at all! The shrinkage on the merino/cashmere is progressive - they shrink a tiny bit every time they're washed. Merino shouldn't need washing too often, try airing on a line, this will reduce the need for washing.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trickers Factory Shop have some Daniel in Black Waxy which were made exclusively made for MH but will be branded on the sock Tricker's. These will almost certainly be seconds but how bad they are I could not tell you (the pair I purchased were so out of true it made them unwearable, had to return them). Sizes: 6.5/7/7.5. - £275 (were £625 full retail).

oilbased

Reaction score
I’m assuming this is the shearling vest:

Made in England, so I’m guessing it should be sold (for a bit less, I’d think) in the UK soon?

The school shoes are in the lookbook, but maybe you’ve seen them there already?
I saw the Shearling vest in the Wigmore Street shop a couple of weeks back. Just in black, I didn’t notice the rust version. It’s not on the website yet though.

WOVENandSEWN

Reaction score
Anybody bought the new Rail Mac? Curious about fit. I’m a true 38/M. Looked around online and it seems like most stores have styled it TTS, but some have sized it down?

HansHelmut

Reaction score
Does anyone know, where still might be able to grab the merino cashmere neck warmer in khaki?
Just love that piece and the color looks so great!

Thanks in advance
Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-27 um 19.57.01.png

looseandwavey

Reaction score
Does anyone know, where still might be able to grab the merino cashmere neck warmer in khaki?
Just love that piece and the color looks so great!

Thanks in advance
View attachment 2077955
Pretty sure based on the product code that was a fw22 one, so you might struggle to find it in shops.

oilbased

Reaction score
Pretty sure based on the product code that was a fw22 one, so you might struggle to find it in shops.
The current season version in Bayleaf is very similar in colour to last winters. Or you could try the London or York UK outlet shops as they generally sell stock a year behind current season. I’m sure they can send mail order overseas.

illiterate

Reaction score
Anybody recall the name of this piece? I believe it's MHL JP exclusive. Wondering if a non-JP version was released at some point.

1703638144789.png

Also somewhat unrelated, anybody purchase any MHL/mainline over the holidays?

Reaction score
Also somewhat unrelated, anybody purchase any MHL/mainline over the holidays?

Nah. (A) this season not lot hit with me tbh and (B) I could have sworn it came with a step change in price.

(I know it's always been expensive and I know everything is expensive here now, but mhl is starting to feel wild let alone mainline...)

On the other hand, I did go to the sale in the sale shop and it banged. They had good stock of nice things at (it's all relative) decent prices. As someone mentioned, they stock stuff left over from a year ago.

And the staff and general energy are lovely.

catchh

Reaction score
Found some new spring summer 2024 looks. I was only able to find these, which is odd, because in the past I was able to find all the looks. If I had to guess maybe these are the new arrivals which should arrive (be online) next week.

Attachments

• Image 13.jpg
    Image 13.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 58
  • Image 11.jpg
    Image 11.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 53
  • Image 8.jpg
    Image 8.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Image 10.jpg
    Image 10.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Image 9.jpg
    Image 9.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Image 7.jpg
    Image 7.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Image 4.jpg
    Image 4.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 61
  • Image 6.jpg
    Image 6.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Image 5.jpg
    Image 5.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 99
Reaction score
Found some new spring summer 2024 looks. I was only able to find these, which is odd, because in the past I was able to find all the looks. If I had to guess maybe these are the new arrivals which should arrive (be online) next week.
Love image 7. Its giving low-key-fly nuclear physicist somehow

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 77 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 80 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads