• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny that; every Margaret Howell piece of knitwear I own has a hand-wash symbol, don't bleach symbol, cool iron symbol, dry-clean symbol, do not tumble dry symbol on the care label.

But then WTF do Margaret and I know?

I find the word "dick" often comes to mind when I'm hand washing my knitwear.

Last edited:

brightorangetrousers

Reaction score
Did anyone else ever pick up one of the natural shetland jumpers/cardigans from FW12?
I remember that they came in "black" (very dark brown) and grey.

I have one of the "black" cardigans. Have used it a lot.
Pic from the website here:

Close-up of the fabric, some lovely colours in it:

Will throw up a fit pic when I have a better camera.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
if your knits shrink when you wash them then you don't know dick perhaps

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://uk.askmen.com/fashion/fashiontip_300/310_fashion_advice.html

In answering the common question “What should and what shouldn’t be dry-cleaned?” there is one universal answer that can be applied to all garments: Mostly everything can be dry-cleaned in moderation. When it comes to dry cleaning your clothes, the high drying temperatures and chemicals used in the dry-cleaning process can directly damage your garments or slowly decrease their lifespan.

So, while it may be easier to leave that suit with your trusted neighborhood dry cleaner rather than try to remove those unattractive creases yourself, be aware that in the process you’re ruining your clothes.

Here is a rundown of how those delicate garments should be laundered.

Sweaters

Dry cleaning your clothes isn’t a very beneficial option for getting stains out of your knitwear. The chemicals used in the dry-cleaning process will shorten the lifespan of knitwear — this holds especially true for cashmere.

Get it clean: Hand-wash your knitwear with a mild soap in warm water; it’s the only guaranteed way to maintain the softness and luster of the fabric.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
What the **** does this have to do with anything?

Thought you had me on ignore b? :lol:

Last edited:

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of my Margaret Howell shearling in size Large + the new one from AW15 Show.

The style/design looks identical, only perceivable difference appears to be the colour, mine is tan, the AW15 looks lighter, more like a sand.

Interesting they decided to repeat it. The original is from AW11 and retailed at a dizzy £1600. Great quality, as you would expect, still trying to work out who makes them?

AW11 Look Book photo:

Grove

Reaction score
That double layer Ventile Parka is quality.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want the parka from this season, but it never went on sale because apparently they are keeping it and the macintosh through at least the spring. I love the drape on it, which you have to watch the runway show to see in its glory. I tried on the mac at the MH store in London and had to size down 2. It's really nice too. MH is the only brand I have to wear XS for. You really can't be a small dude and wear her coats.

I was pretty happy with getting the MHL raincoat from a previous season from Mr P. for $110 because I really need a raincoat and it's pretty well made with taped seams and nice details. But I think I'm gonna return it after all because it's a tent. There is so much room in the back, another person could crawl under it to stay dry.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^that's the thing I don't like about their shirting and jackets, sizing is all fucked up and one situation where the little guys are fucked

found another dope shearling coming out that puts the mh one to shame

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cavaet: I used to have a SixEightSevenSix Navy Parka made by Mackintosh, looked very similar to the one you're after. Wonderful piece of outwear but it was only really suitable for mild (wet) weather.

Surprised you're having problems with the Mainline sizing, I agree the clothes are on the whole generously cut – they've always worked perfect for me. Can't comment on MHL as I don't buy much of it.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or maybe Caveat just needs a girlfriend with whom he can share the coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads