1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Marco Valentino Suits? Any thoughts/experience?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JCM, Feb 26, 2008.

1. furo

furo Senior member

If it was mislabeled, what do you think it really is? A 38L?

2. bsinge50

bsinge50 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information.

3. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan Senior member

does anyone have actual fit pictures of these suits? I'm trying to decide between a M. Valentino and a Benjamin suit...

4. marshtj

marshtj Well-Known Member

Benjamin, beyond any doubt! I own 2 M. Valentino suits and while they were great purchases based on my limited knowledge at that time, I would never order another asl ong as the Banjamin alternative is available. I just recieved 2 pairs of Banjamin pants and they are fantastic in quality. The fabric of the Benjamin pants is substantially better than of the M. Valentino suits.

5. PatriotsFan

Benjamin, beyond any doubt! I own 2 M. Valentino suits and while they were great purchases based on my limited knowledge at that time, I would never order another asl ong as the Banjamin alternative is available. I just recieved 2 pairs of Banjamin pants and they are fantastic in quality. The fabric of the Benjamin pants is substantially better than of the M. Valentino suits.

How do did the pants compare in terms of fit (rise, leg openings, thigh, etc)?

6. PatriotsFan

Can someone vouch for the quality of the suit in the long-run (still on the fence since they're advertised as super 150's fabric)?

7. dclloyd

dclloyd Senior member

Can someone vouch for the quality of the suit in the long-run (still on the fence since they're advertised as super 150's fabric)?

Not bad so far. I've had the first one I bought for about a year and no issues. I'm fairly hard on suits as I'm travelling a lot, but on the other hand I have a reasonable number for rotation. No shining on the elbows which I always find is the first sign of wear.

8. toslat

toslat Well-Known Member

Think of getting a MV 42R. Does anyone have info on how the cut compares to a Hugo Boss Jam suit.

Secondly, anyone with suit and pant measurements for this size. the values posted on the listing look big for a 42R jacket and the pant seem smaller than a 36.

9. Erli

Erli Member

I had a silk/wool one for almost a year, and it's still good, it looks like it will last for another year. Not bad for that price.

10. hdbassman

hdbassman Member

i've been obsessing over jeff's mv suits for quite awhile now. i myself am a bit of a "hard fit" being a rather large mammal. generally a 48R, but quite broad in the back. based on past communications with jeff, he suggested the MV because of it being an athletic more modern cut with a tapered jacket and higher armholes for comfort and mobility. (can't deal with the lower armholes of a classic cut). and my experience with newer slim fit styles have been a bit challenging...my question is this; how did you find the fit to be out of the box before alterations? run larger, smaller or true to size? according to the measurments listed on jeff's ebay page, it looks like i might be able to pull off a 46R if they run a bit larger. my common sense would suggest that i may want to have him ship 1 in each size and just keep the better fitting size...any comments on this?

11. XFactor

XFactor Senior member

How much did you pay for it and what $ value did your tailor give to it? What kind of a body type do you have and is it a slim fit?