• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

March Magazines Are Out - What Are You Buying?

PenManShip

Reaction score
So far I've only received my GQ and have tabbed the following:

David Hart & Co. silk shantung ties - might get one of each since I love the design and look of the fabric
Tender Buttons - to replace the (ugh) plastic ones on some of my jackets - love the sly fox style ones
Fratelli Rossetti loafers in black - planning to wear with a smoking jacket I recently picked up

Haven't received my copy of Details or Esquire yet, anything I should be on the lookout for?

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4669812732_5407c2534c_z.jpg

PenManShip

Reaction score
Yup, I look at magazines even when I'm not at the airport. Shocking, I know.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Young clothing magazine writers learn from us, then toss in brand names so they get free clothes, shoes, trips and food, and other goodies.

Last edited:

PenManShip

Reaction score
MOL, thanks for clarifying. I don't work in publishing. Just thought March (like September) was an important issue and might merit some discussion regarding spring fashion.

I have a sizable collection of vintage Esquire, GQ, Playboy, Life Magazine, etc. that I love to look through for inspiration. Well, most of them I look through, some I really don't open anymore since they are invaluable (and in many cases, crumbly.) I tend to only keep the September/March issues of the newer stuff unless something really stands out.

I also collect books produced by the above, one of my favorites is probably "Esquire's Handbook for Hosts" published in 1949. I bought it for $3.00 at a local flea market in perfect condition and discovered it had an original dance card inside from a 1920's society club.

Anyway, guess this isn't the right sort of discussion for the internet age. Let the memes continue!

Reaction score
I've never seen Tender Buttons, but those David Hart & Co. shantung ties look amazing! I'm definitely picking a few up the next time I'm in Bergdorf or Saks.

Shiny

Reaction score

Young clothing magazine writers learn from us, then toss in brand names so they get free clothes, shoes, trips and food, and other goodies.

Except the people here seem to be around 200lbs or more. Have you checked out WAYWN?

Mister F

Reaction score
I have a sizable collection of vintage Esquire, GQ, Playboy, Life Magazine, etc. that I love to look through for inspiration. Well, most of them I look through, some I really don't open anymore since they are invaluable (and in many cases, crumbly.) I tend to only keep the September/March issues of the newer stuff unless something really stands out.

Yeah. That's why I keep my Playboy collection too.

PenManShip

Reaction score
Yeah. That's why I keep my Playboy collection too.

"I buy it for the articles" wasn't working. Is it telling my wife believes I read it for the fashion?

Speaking of Playboy, just picked up the Playboy - Helmut Newton hardcover book. Highly recommended.
fing02[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads