• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

March Madness

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, and it's only the sweet 16.

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Doubtful this guy goes to the NBA for millions a year though.
laugh.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^i was in a 25k challenge 4 years ago and perfect through the elite 8 before it all went to ****.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Duke has done jack *********** last 15 years except one championship in 2001. For a guy who gets loads of credit, where are the results?

Calhoun I admit is a genious when it comes to recruiting and building a program. He built it from the bottom up and has kept UConn at a remarkably high level for a long time. The reason I say he out-coached K is because in each big game they have played, Duke has been favored or at least on par with UConn and the Huskies pulled it out in crunch time.

Originally Posted by nate10184
Uhh 1990?

Dean Smith only won 2 national titles in 30 some years at UNC. Does that mean he did jack **** too?

Coach K is the best active coach, but Calhoun has gotten the better of him the last time their two teams met. Calhoun arguably outcoached K in the 2004 national semifinal -- Duke blew a huge lead in that game -- and definitely outcoached him in the 1999 championship game, which featured a loaded Duke team with 5 or 6 future NBA players.

Oxnard

Reaction score
Obviously I am biased because I live in Chapel Hill, but UNC has done very well so far, especially now that Ty Lawson is back off the bench. We absolutely bulldozed Radford and we had a solid victory over LSU. Considering that we also had pretty significant wins over Duke twice this year, UNC should have a very good chance of hitting the final four, maybe even winning the tournament if we don't choke (as we did last year against Kansas at the final four). Hopefully I won't be proven wrong.

unexpected

Reaction score
you clearly did not see the Clemson Duke game this year.

Someone shoot me.

and metrostyles, duke has been to 9 of the past 11 final fours. Did you also know that EVERY duke player since 1984 has been to at least 1 final four (except for demarcus nelson, last year). Though it looks like we're about to kick the bucket here....

I hardly call that jack ****.

and Calhoun def outcoached us in 1999. Uconn was actually favored in 2004. I still cannot believe we blew that 12 pt lead with 3 minutes to go.

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
My god this is the worst I've ever seen any duke team play.

LET'S GO NOVA!

Oxnard

Reaction score
Haha! Oh man Duke got absolutely ******* creamed last night, that made me so happy. As much as I hate Duke though, I have to admit, coach K has created and sustained what is easily one of the consistently best college basketball programs in the country. They have also won the ACC title 8 times in the last 11 years. Still, last night, just wow. That game against Villanova is definitely one of the worst games I have seen them play. Jon Scheyer and Gerald Henderson were combined for a total of 4 for 23 shots. Villanova wouldve killed them even more past a 23-point margin of victory if they hadnt gotten cocky and rushed as many ****** 3-point shots as they did(they were 2 for 12 on 3's). Can't wait to see UNC against Gonzaga tonight.

unexpected

Reaction score
We totally sucked last night. Our recruiting is going down the f'ing drain.

We have not been able to get a banger for several years now, and I think that's really hurt us. Ugh. kill me.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, should have known that Memphis was fool's gold. Wish I had been able to pull the trigger and pick Missouri.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm glad Memphis lost. What a lame popular pick to win it all by so many people.

I am worried about Mizzou against UConn. That full-court defense is scary.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Michigan State looks awful. I'd rather watch the UNC/Gonzaga game but that's not showing here, at least not yet. All the games have been boring tonight.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Michigan State surprised me with the win. I kept thinking Kansas would pull off the win, but MSU kept at it (and screwed up my brackets). Go Spartans!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads