March Madness

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by MetroStyles, Mar 13, 2009.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Remember when Indiana beat Duke in the first round of the NCAA in 2002. IU was coached by Mike Davis.

Oh man how did I forget that? IU had Coverdale, Hornsby, AJ Moye and Marshall Strickland. That was such a great game. Was that the year there was like 6 Indiana teams? IU, Purdue, Butler, IUPUI, Valpo, and Notre Dame?

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Oh man how did I forget that? IU had Coverdale, Hornsby, AJ Moye and Marshall Strickland. That was such a great game. Was that the year there was like 6 Indiana teams? IU, Purdue, Butler, IUPUI, Valpo, and Notre Dame?
    Yes, it was a great year for Indiana teams.

I was actually in Lexington for the IU game against Duke. I thought they would lose, so at half time when IU was down by 17 points I wanted to leave but my friends talked me into staying for the second half. I'm so glad I stayed, I'd still be kicking myself if I hadn't.

3. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Yes, it was a great year for Indiana teams.

I was actually in Lexington for the IU game against Duke. I thought they would lose, so at half time when IU was down by 17 points I wanted to leave but my friends talked me into staying for the second half. I'm so glad I stayed, I'd still be kicking myself if I hadn't.

Wow, that's really great. Keep those friends around! [​IMG] That was such a great game. I remember that I watched it w/ my basketball team the week of regionals for HS ball. We were all going absolutely nuts. A bunch of corn-fed home town boys beat a team full of All American recruits. It gave us hope! We went out and promptly got our butts kicked two days later.

4. nate10184

nate10184 Senior member

Remember when Indiana beat Duke in the first round of the NCAA in 2002. IU was coached by Mike Davis.

First round?

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

First round?
    I went to both rounds in Lexington so it may have been the second round, not the first. What stands out in my mind from Lexington is the Duke win.

I went to Atlanta for the Final Four but the ending of the championship game wasn't as joyous, still had a good time though.

6. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Duke has done jack shit in the last 15 years except one championship in 2001. For a guy who gets loads of credit, where are the results?

Calhoun I admit is a genious when it comes to recruiting and building a program. He built it from the bottom up and has kept UConn at a remarkably high level for a long time. The reason I say he out-coached K is because in each big game they have played, Duke has been favored or at least on par with UConn and the Huskies pulled it out in crunch time.

7. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I'm loving these commercials about being legendary. Like the one where the Illinois cop pulls the NC fan over and gives him a ticket for doing 36 in a 35, then it shows a clip of when UNC beat Illinois a few years back. Also the one w/ the Washington/Connecticut and Texas/Syracuse.

8. MetroStyles

I'm loving these commercials about being legendary. Like the one where the Illinois cop pulls the NC fan over and gives him a ticket for doing 36 in a 35, then it shows a clip of when UNC beat Illinois a few years back. Also the one w/ the Washington/Connecticut and Texas/Syracuse.

I wanna see these. What are the commercials for? Is there a site that streams them?

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I wanna see these. What are the commercials for? Is there a site that streams them?

Found em.
    http://www.nike.com/jumpman23/home/i...contentID=1248
    That's the first one. You can scroll to the right for the next 3 or 4. They crack me up.

10. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

The Kwilkerman: easily amused! [​IMG]

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

The Kwilkerman: easily amused! [​IMG]

Shouldn't you go back to mentioning that you own Alden loafers in every post you make, in an attempt to look cool? Very kind of mommy and daddy to buy those for you.

12. MetroStyles

13. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Shouldn't you go back to mentioning that you own Alden loafers in every post you make, in an attempt to look cool? Very kind of mommy and daddy to buy those for you.
    At least I wear Aldens, and not creased Lucky jeans. [​IMG]

14. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Thanks dawgg.
    +1.

15. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

At least I wear Aldens, and not creased Lucky jeans. [​IMG]
    Does K. Wilderbeast still wear lucky jeans? Lucky you.