• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

marcella formal shirts

S. Able

Reaction score
Here is a stupid question regarding formal shirts: with a marcella shirt, is the pique marcella fabric traditionally limited to the collar, cuffs and bib? My shirtmaker informed me that this is how they make them. He indicated that the marcella fabric was too stiff to make the entire shirt out of it. This comment caught me off guard.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He is right.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marcella is similar, but is not Pique. Both terms are commonly used to mean the same thing. http://www.cutterandtailor.com/forum...?showtopic=189 If one does prefer softer shirt collars, then cotton poplin, as used on the rest of the shirt, should be used in lieu of marcella/pique. It is acceptable to have a bib and cuffs made out of marcella/pique, but the collar can match the rest of the shirt (cotton poplin)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.