marc jacob blazer

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by heartlessphil, Apr 23, 2011.

1. heartlessphil

heartlessphil Senior member

what do you guys think of this blazer by marc jacobs. I'm looking for my 1st blazer. I've read many topics here bout it but i'm not sure bout this one. Ido you think it's a good jacket to wear with dark jeans? I'm not too sure if 1 button is the way to go. let me know your opinion...

here it is (by the way it's 560$ canadian, no shipping fees)
    you don't see the back but it's one vent in the back. 4 buttons on each sleeves ans it's 98% cotton
    lining is mostly polyester i think
    [​IMG]

2. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Too cropped for anything resembling a formal context

3. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

^^^^ Agreed. Looks like a youth's fashion jacket to me, sort of thing Topman would sell for about 50-60 quid GBP.

4. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

what do you guys think of this blazer by marc jacobs.

i think before you buy your 1st blazer you need to read the forum rules on posting new threads.

5. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

Marc by Marc Jacobs = meh. And this is from someone who owns a lot of Marc Jacobs Collection.

6. linkinwayne

Marc by Marc Jacobs = meh. And this is from someone who owns a lot of Marc Jacobs Collection.

Ballerrr

7. heartlessphil

thanks for the replies guys. I think i'll go with something more formal, especially for a 1st coat.

8. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

More formal isn't the problem, just get a simple 2 button navy blazer; there is some stuff on yoox right now that is pretty good (ck collection, costume national, margiela, etc). Peak lapels and 1 button = pretty formal for everyday stuff.

9. Mountains

Mountains Senior member

I'm a big fan of CK collection in general. Zucchelli is sorely underrated here.

10. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

11. linkinwayne

Everytime I come back to this thread and see the pic, it looks more and more hilariously cropped. Like a 4'3" guy decided to grab a standard two-button and aggressively tailor the bottom half off

12. Mountains

Mountains Senior member

Everytime I come back to this thread and see the pic, it looks more and more hilariously cropped. Like a 4'3" guy decided to grab a standard two-button and aggressively tailor the bottom half off
    It's not a formal jacket (or even "business dress", if you want to use MC-ish terms). But for something to wear to the theater on a Friday night? There are worse things.

Of course, this is also the sort of thing where you want to try it on before pulling the trigger.

13. linkinwayne

It's not a formal jacket (or even "business dress", if you want to use MC-ish terms). But for something to wear to the theater on a Friday night? There are worse things.

Of course, this is also the sort of thing where you want to try it on before pulling the trigger.

Not the worst blazer, definitely. The colour is pretty sweet, for one thing, but then again most things look good on ssense.

I felt it might possibly work as a casual T-shirt + blazer sort of look at first, but it keeps growing shorter every time I see it [​IMG]

14. heartlessphil

yes i know it looks kinda short, would have to try it before ordering if possible but If I was to buy it i would not wear it at work or at school... it would only be to go at the club or go out on the week end. nothing more.

15. linkinwayne

yes i know it looks kinda short, would have to try it before ordering if possible but If I was to buy it i would not wear it at work or at school... it would only be to go at the club or go out on the week end. nothing more.

For $560, you can do a lot better. If you hit up sales, can probably get two good blazers for that amount