• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marantz 2245 ? Anyone have one?

ms244

Reaction score
I got one of these old things today, apparently it cost somewhere in the $450 range when new, about 35 years ago.

Its pretty dirty inside, and I don't think its functional (hooked up a speaker to it, no radio output?) but it turns on, has some pretty blue colors. Quick google search shows lots of rebuild info.

Anyone have one?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ms244
I got one of these old things today, apparently it cost somewhere in the $450 range when new, about 35 years ago. Its pretty dirty inside, and I don't think its functional (hooked up a speaker to it, no radio output?) but it turns on, has some pretty blue colors. Quick google search shows lots of rebuild info. Anyone have one?
I still have a Marantz 2240. I bought it new when I was in college. I am thinking about using it again with the turntable.

ms244

Reaction score
I'm looking at repair info as I type this.

The main caps don't look bad. I don't see anything blatantly wrong with it except the fuse holder in the back the bulkhead screw broke ($1.50 part). The lights don't work on the two dials, and I think the volume pot needs some looking at. The top boards are dirty, it sat outside for a few days and it rained a little.

Who knows how long and where it sat prior to this. A little compressed air and a can of electric cleaner should fix the dirt. The underside electrical looks pretty clean.

I can turn it on, but no sound out of the speakers.

I left my multimeter in the garage (also, anything other then the screwdriver that came with my BMW). I own just about every tool man can imagine, and I don't have a set of screw drivers in my apt.
eh.gif

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My main receiver is a Marantz. The puppy is mint and sounds gorgeous
smile.gif

amnesiac

Reaction score
I have a 1060 integrated amp. It's rated at 30 watts RMS but it puts out clean to the max volume. Powered all of my parties in college with it and it never even got hot.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
wait that model number is familiar... lol, yes I own the identical model.

I absolutely LOVE that receiver.... its been the dedicated woodshop radio in my dad's basement for 30 some years. Its been a few years since its last been turned on, I can't remember but something became slightly flaky with it and it needs some light servicing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads