• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maomao x Gaz Italian Sartorial Adventure 2012

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

清倉拎鋃聽湯! (Translation)

The chunky girl in the video seems to imply that Asians still organize themselves into hordes.

If there are any Asians in this thread (and I think that there are, based on my observations), perhaps one of you can confirm if this is true or still confined to Mongolians.

Last edited:

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Dougieeee! It been a long while, bro.
When are you getting you butt back to HK?

I actually sent you an e-mail earlier today - I'm on my way out next week. Will be in town Fri 22 - Tues 26.

Let's get caught up my man.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The chunky girl in the video seems to imply that Asians still organize themselves into hordes.
If there are any Asians in this thread (and I think that there are, based on my observations), perhaps one of you can confirm if this is true or still confined to Mongolians.

why not just PM the resident ambassador to Xilinhot

Last edited:

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Indian_num_4.gif

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great thread!

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Continuation, Naples, Day 1

We picked a rather bad week to be in Italy. From Rome to Naples, the weather was terrible, characterised by light drizzle through out the day punctuated with the occasional down pour. Suffice to say, walking around the small streets of Naples was not an enjoyable experience under these circumstances. It also explains the lack of any street photography during our visit.

Anyway, our next stop was at the atelier of a respected Neapolitan tailor, who unlike his counter parts shuns publicity. This particular tailor will remain nameless. However, some readers may be able to deduce who he is either by being an existing customer (I know who you are :happy:), knowledge of his particular cut, or through the background of the photos posted below. By all means, speculate all you want but enquiries to the identity will go unanswered. Why keep his identity a secret? It's simple really. I respect his business and his customer base. They do extremely well and are already having some capacity issues. And this is by no means a shill for his business, hence there is no need to highlight who he is. We may debate this issue but I would retort by saying that only a fool will argue with the fiercely decided.

With that out of the way, we found that our tailor has been hard at work.

Here is an example of what he can do with the latest London Lounge shetland.

medium800.jpg

Works in Progress
medium800.jpg
medium800.jpg

Getting changed
medium800.jpg

Three piece Harrison's fresco
medium800.jpg
medium800.jpg

DB & Linen
medium800.jpg
medium800.jpg

Next, Florence, Day 2...

Last edited:

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice pics Gaz. Pity about the weather but on the other hand count yourself lucky you are not there at the moment. My tie maker, also in Naples tells me it's up around 40 degrees at the moment!

I am also burning under the tuscan sun...

Guys, I love your report - I have been to Napoli at the same and I know the rainy situation you are talking of. I hope you made a stop at Talarico to get a nice umbrella? :)

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice pics. I think I can guess the identity of the MBT by the store.

All the stuff looks very nice, but the notion of a three-piece fresco does baffle me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics