1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Manzini Suit - Canvassed?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HoustonBusiness, Apr 17, 2005.

1. HoustonBusiness

HoustonBusiness Active Member

Smart Bargains is offering a Super 150s Manzini suit for $199. I read in an eBay auction that the Manzini suits have "'floating' (stitched) canvas construction" (parenthetical and quotes in original). Â Has anyone heard of the Manzini label? For those who have, do you know anything about quality of the fabric and construction? Thanks in advance for your response.

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

That auction is a load of crap -- that guy says everything is canvas. Guarantee you it is a fused piece.

3. Charley

Charley Senior member

At the Smart Bargains site - look at the Aquascutum brand - if anything fits it is a better make, I believe. The cashmere jacket for ~ $175 should be a real winner. and, if you google around a bit, you'll find a 10% off opportunity to further reduce that.

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

I know the Bro-relli suit is canvassed... [​IMG]

5. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

The same site has Boss at $600

(insert inference here)

6. HoustonBusiness

I agree. Unfortunately, they haven't got any Aquascutum suits or jackets in my size.

7. kabert

kabert Senior member

The only decent suit you can legally/legitimately buy for $199 is a used one from EBay or a thrift shop.

Last year I bought a perfect seemingly brand new (stated to be "like new") Oxxford suit on Ebay for $199 using "Buy It Now." The suit would have been at least $2,500 at full retail. Ebay has incredible deals like this if you know your size and you stick to high quality brands from the best sellers.

Don't waste your money on a crappy "buck ninety-nine" suit.

8. HoustonBusiness

This sounds like excellent advice.  I guess I need to get over the self-created stigma of wearing used clothing because I certainly can't afford to pay $1,000 + for a brand new suit. (Technically, I could, but I'm saving for retirement and college for two kids).

Could I ask forum members to post a list of trusted eBayers who sell used high-end clothing, or send me to the thread where this has already been discussed?  

Thanks.

9. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Ebay Thread is here