Manufactum - any opinions?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lucky Strike, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

2. Horace

Horace Senior member

http://www.manufactum.com/group/1876...g187692.0.html

I'll have to recommend them, - I think yhey must be one of the best mail-order businesses around. I'm less sure about the prices, but they seem quite reasonable for what you get.

Any thoughts?

I've looked at a lot of their stuff and it _seems_ like quality kit.

What I missed out on -- and I should've bought -- was that desk light by the British company that originally manufactured it in the 30's -- which was still being offered through the Hammacher S. catalog.
    Speaking of luxury catalogs, there was an article recently -- maybe in the NT Times -- about how Sharper Image was in trouble. I have a feeling that a lot of those types of operations see less business nowadays. Though I think things like Manufactum are a different animal as you get quality goods -- even if at a price to match.

3. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

Didn't know they delivered to the states. Good quality stuff albeit a tad over-priced. I wanted to buy this wonderful hip-length jacket (not in the international catalogue unfortunately) but they never have anything smaller than a euro 48 and I need a 44 so no go. The basic t-shirts and undies are really good.