1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Manton - rules applied to ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Carlo, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Senior member

Rather help a sister out. Darts ... coming right up.

Chuck - You've been out-designed and now out-cuted. Don't wash the car yet. You're still going to need soething to wear the way I figure it. And I'm still going to get all of the ties.

2. Charles Rogers

Charles Rogers Senior member

As long as the pink/blue herringbone was your idea, I love it.

3. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Jill also designed "that green tie". Makes you even, I think. Â [​IMG]

4. Jill

Jill Senior member

No, the pink and blue hbone was mine too. Â But you just HAD to bring up the "that green tie", didn't you Nick. Turkey. Â [​IMG] LOL. Actually, I think the green tie's going to have its day in the sun though. Turned out to be a better seller than we expected. Â Only have a dozen or so left and St. Patty's day IS coming. Â What better choice?

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

A black silver paisley as well? Count me in for that too. That way, I can sort of adhere to Mantons rules - just by switching ties between day and night. Awesome, just awesome.

Sorry Chuck, you owe Jill dinner. I suggest Chez Henri, just around the block from my bachelor pad, when you visit Boston.

6. Jill

Jill Senior member

LA~

I've always said what a brilliant man you are.

7. PHV

PHV Senior member

What would you guys pair that paisley with? White on white, dark colored suit? I'll be needing one too Chuck, please.

8. PHV

PHV Senior member

Is that RLPL?
    No. It's CKPL (Conrad Kabbaz Private Label) from his younger days. He's more mature now. Third grade will do that to you.
    Hey. Keep your snide comments to yourself. I'm trying to work a licensing deal with Chuck here.
    I definately like Conrad's earlier work. It was so much more unselfconscious. Now he's just yet another sellout... I hear his dad made him do it.

9. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

I think I might put that tie with a pink and blue striped T&A french cuff spread collar, an ill fitting black Zegna suit, and a  lovely young lady: [​IMG] Needless to say, Chuck, I dig the tie and Jill wins. Tom

10. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Senior member

Was that to say, if I can arrange to get you the tie (today if you wish), the lovely young lady comes to pick it up for you? Done deal if that's what you meant.

11. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

Alex, if her "coming to pick them up" gets me a discount on shirts, then I'm in. Â (Unlike last time, she's not reading over my shoulder as i type this [​IMG] ) Â edited to preserve good spirits. Tom

12. InPa

InPa Well-Known Member

Any update on when they might be updated for sale on your site???

13. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Tomorrow night. We are out of town for the holiday weekend and someone, not saying who, left the images in Dallas.

Hint: Was not Jill.

Sincerely,
    Mudd

14. InPa

InPa Well-Known Member

I think something's wrong with my computer - everytime I go to carlofranco.com I only see the "older" ties. I know the new ones are on there somewhere? I'm eager to choose.

15. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Sorry, working on it right now. Fitting the new ads into the old format so that they'll still work when the site is redone next week. Putting up a bunch of ads tonight and will post as soon as I flip the switch.

Sincerely,
    Mudd