1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Manton - rules applied to ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Carlo, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Chuck, those are some beautiful ties. I'll have to buy one so I can see the fabric in person.

2. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

I call dibs on one of the ivory paisleys. [​IMG] I think maybe you might want to order a few extra of that one, Chuck...

3. Jill

Jill Senior member

Thx for the kind words, guys. Â They really are nice. Â Don't want to expound too much lest we get kicked over to the buying/selling forum . . . But yes, GorGekko, the herringbone stripe is navy blue with a pink stripe. Â This is another blue herringbone already in the collection that does not have a stripe. Â You can write us (me or Carlo) offline if you need more info. Brian ~ come to NY. Nick ~ You're absolutely right. Â I think it may be the fastest sellout yet. Â They're almost all spoken for already. Â We'll set a couple back for the expo though.

4. Alias

Alias Senior member

Please please please save one of those navy blue herringbones with pink stripes for me [​IMG] And that navy blue cashmere one with the blue stripes. I can't fly to NYC, I live on the other side of the planet. The ivory paisley looks awesome, but I probably won't ever wear one. Edit: Hurr, I meant the cashmere one with the brown, with blue stripes.

5. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Senior member

Carlo \tPosted on Feb. 17 2005,15:39
    Joelle, Joelle. Pack the salt and pepper in the box for the Regency.

gorgekko \tPosted on Feb. 17 2005,15:40
    Conrad. Bring your scissors. I've found a way for you to earn those new rollerblades you wanted.

Renault78law \tPosted on Feb. 17 2005,14:46
    Conrad ... you'd better make it quick. Someone's already trying to duplicate your technique and steal your resources.

6. linux_pro

linux_pro Senior member

How can I get one of the paisleys before it sells out?? I will pay double.. Heh heh heh. I'm serious. I love it, and swear that I would wear it at least once a week and tell everyone who comments on it where I got it from. I gotta have that tie... [​IMG]

7. InPa

InPa Well-Known Member

When will they be added to your site for sale????

8. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Well one of the first things we do with a new pattern is to gauge initial reaction and call in a re-order on the hits right away... lol. Â Nice to see some Paisley interest since we have 4 new ones coming out in a week. Â This one Red Paisley is getting redone in a silvery/black as well as a mixture of antique gold shades. Â There will be two paisleys that have a satin diagonal stripe in the same color as the field - know it sounds weird but it came out stunning. Â That one I'm holding my breath on until I see how the response is. Here's a better look at the ivory paisley in better lighting with a closeup of the fabric so you can see details. Â By changing the length of the stitch you get that 'sheen' as it bends that you don't get with a print. Â Next time someone says you are weird about your fabric fascination, tell'm you know a guy who turns silk 10 different ways in 10 different lighting situations to see how it does... that's WEIRD. [​IMG]

9. linux_pro

linux_pro Senior member

Carlo, I could care less what people say, your ties are about the sexiest ties I have ever seen, and I am a tie collecting maniac. If that means you're weird or picky, so be it. I think the results speak for themselves. I'm gonna order one each of the paisleys (paislies?). Thanks for the closeup shot, that is one hot item. That tie is gonna look seriously pimp with my 3-piece pinstripe and black bowler. Yeah, baby.

10. Alias

Alias Senior member

Aw hell, I might get one of those cream paisleys also, if only just to have.

11. Jill

Jill Senior member

Hmm. Tomorrow maybe? We're trying to edit the photos right now, but it will take a while to do all 17.  

I suppose they're "for sale" NOW, actually, but the webmaster (Chuck) is a little behind.  (Just don't tell him I called him a little behind.)

12. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

I will have to save one until I find out what Kabbaz thinks the current 7-fold to cashmere bourbon drinking shirt exchange rate is... I mean the #&%$* Euro is causing me pain but I think that bast... wonderful sweet man Alex may make me cry.

Does it come with bourbon for $2400 Alex or do I have to fill my own flask? How big is that pocket anyhow? Can you custom fit the inside pocket to match my flask? How bout a pocket to fit my little 2-cigar travel case?

13. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I love that navy/blue tie on the right, that one is awesome, the blue/pink herringbone is nice too.

14. Alexander Kabbaz

Chuck - you know my pricing has at times marc'd some of the more contentious posts here - and now you're going to have everyone thinking that I'm overpriced. The Cashmere Bourbon Drinkin' Shirt is only $2250, not $2400. Insofar as to how what fits where, it depends upon the color of the cashmere you select and whether it has a pattern. If you'll give me a short while, I'll post the cashmere color swatches so you can select something which coordinates with your new collection. Rate of exchange seems like about 2 dozen ties or so. So ... Since I will end up owning most of your remaining available stock, you can just send everyone who wants one to me. [​IMG] Be nice guys - I'm going to have all the herringbones and all the paisley jacquards. In reality, though, before I go off trading willy-nilly, I think I'll run over to Countess Mara, Hermes, and Talbot to see what their exchange rate might be. Can I get back to you later? Notes: 1] Willy-nilly has nothing whatsoever to do with any former presidential proclivities, so don't start blaming me for that again 2] I'm not really going to post the Cashmere Colors so you can select. I'm just doing it so you can eat your heart out.

15. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

LOL... by all means please check. If anyone else has 90 different 7-fold patterns I need to know right away. Be sure to write off the mileage - you'll be driving for some time.

16. Alexander Kabbaz

OK, Chuck. You just keep putting those ties down on the table. I'll tell you when to stop. [​IMG] Construction: Body-Loro Piana 10.5oz Satin Cashmere-Camel color, Pocket trim and UnderCollar-Brown Italian Nappa Lamb, hand-cut & turned 2x2 120's Egyptian-grown Swiss Wocen handmade cotton seam binding, British Horn Buttons, Swiss Cotton twill pocketings, German cotton bezun interlinings, cotton and silk threads. There are NO non-natural materials used. No Nylon/rayon seam bindings, no fusing, no synthetics.

17. StagRaven

StagRaven Well-Known Member

Congrats on the cream paisley Chuck. My fiance really loves it. Apparently, it is the only fashion thing I have shown her that she has gotten excited about. She says, "it's the perfect wedding tie". I think I may have gotten one before everyone else on the forum staked their claim [​IMG] Oh well, it looks like it will be normal tie for me. [​IMG]

18. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Holy crap.

I'll throw Jill into the deal - she doesn't listen worth a damn but she's awfully cute.

Seriously - I'm looking at my antelope suede shirt and thinking about using it to wash the car now... This is gonna cost me some serious neckware.

19. Jill

Jill Senior member

Alex~

Can you make one with - how shall I say?? - darts? I'll "pay" whatever Chuck offers, and raise him one tie.

20. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Stag - lol... confession time: When Jill designed this one I said "Solid cream? Yeah right, what will that look like?"

You guys realize that your votes have basically said "Chuck knows diddly, listen to Jill"...right?

Help a brother out.