1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Manolo Blahnik blog

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by STYLESTUDENT, Apr 22, 2005.

1. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Distinguished Member

Additional light reading. Posted for entertainment purposes and not endorsement (trust me in this) Speaking of Fred Astaire movies, you might remember the Italian gigolo or divorce "correspondent" played by Erik Rhodes in "Gay Divorcee" ("for the woman the kiss, for the man the sword") as this actor apparently provided diction lessons to Manolo. http://men.shoeblogs.com/archive/200...1_archive.html

2. JBZ

JBZ Distinguished Member

"Manolo says, for the Manolo, there is little difference between the Johnston and Murphy and the Allen Edmonds. Both are good mid-priced shoes, suitable for the business wear. " I think I've just developed a permanent eye twitch. [​IMG]

3. JBZ

JBZ Distinguished Member

"But, the Manolo he understands what it is like to be poor, so poor that you are forced to make your own shoes from the skins of the road killed animals you have cured in your own bathtub."

...and now I'm speechless...with an eye twitch.

4. lisapop

lisapop Senior Member

Say what you will, women "in-the-know" love MB and have been forking over big bucks for his shoes for years now, which flatter the female form like none other (Well, maybe Jimmy Choo shoes).  Amazing how he can get $700+ for just a few straps and a skinny sole.  Makes my shoes look like great values.
    Grayson

5. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

Despite his less than superlative taste in men's shoes (although he does mention Lobbs in other posts), his tastes in menswear are considerably above average and generally sensible. And despite the name, there's no real connection with Blahniks.

dan

6. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Distinguished Member

You're right, Dan. I just saw a disclaimer that there is no connection to Manolo Blahnik.

7. JBZ

JBZ Distinguished Member

Oh, I don't doubt that he's a skilled women's shoe designer and an adept marketer (and getting weekly plugs for six years on "Sex in the City" has definitely helped - given this publicity, I don't think that women necessarily have to be "in-the-know" at this point to appreciate MB - having the disposable income to afford MB is another story). I just find some of the blog entries pretty hilarious. Especially how he keeps referring to himself as "The Manolo". I think I'm going to start referring to myself (both verbally and in written media) as "The Jeff" - at least until my wife slaps me in the head.

Regards,

The Jeff

8. JBZ

JBZ Distinguished Member

Ah. I just saw it, too (in teeny, tiny print way at the bottom of the page). This was much funnier when I thought it was the real MB.

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

I love the fact that he refers himself in the third person, and that at the bottom an advertisement for Brooks Brothers can be found.

Jon.

10. dorian

dorian Senior Member

I agree wholeheartedly.... Somehow, MBs and JCs alter a woman's figure (and not just elongating the legs)... It's incredible.

11. lisapop

lisapop Senior Member

Much easier on our eyes than the ladies' legs, though...and the bank accounts. Â By the way, did you hear about the surgical procedure some women are undergoing to alter their feet so they can fit into these very pointy stiletto shoes and boots? Â That's where I put my foot down on being a fashion victim. Â http://www.footcaremd.com/gf_a_nyt1203_2.html Grayson

12. dorian

dorian Senior Member

I agree wholeheartedly.... Somehow, MBs and JCs alter a woman's figure (and not just elongating the legs)... It's incredible.
    Much easier on our eyes than the ladies' legs, though...and the bank accounts. Â By the way, did you hear about the surgical procedure some women are undergoing to alter their feet so they can fit into these very pointy stiletto boots? Â That's where I put my foot down on being a fashion victim. Â http://www.footcaremd.com/gf_a_nyt1203_2.html Grayson
    Yes, it's repulsive. Everytime I've heard of someone doing that I have suggested wrapping their daughter's feet tightly enough to halt growth so that she won't have any such worries. But, really, the Japanese once did that, no?

13. lisapop

lisapop Senior Member

14. tgfny

tgfny Senior Member

Glad the see the Father Guido Sarducci, he got a new gig.

15. lisapop

lisapop Senior Member

"The Manolo" is Manolo Classy.
    Grayson