• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manolo Blahnik blog

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Additional light reading. Posted for entertainment purposes and not endorsement (trust me in this) Speaking of Fred Astaire movies, you might remember the Italian gigolo or divorce "correspondent" played by Erik Rhodes in "Gay Divorcee" ("for the woman the kiss, for the man the sword") as this actor apparently provided diction lessons to Manolo. http://men.shoeblogs.com/archive/200...1_archive.html

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Manolo says, for the Manolo, there is little difference between the Johnston and Murphy and the Allen Edmonds. Both are good mid-priced shoes, suitable for the business wear. " I think I've just developed a permanent eye twitch.
crazy.gif

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"But, the Manolo he understands what it is like to be poor, so poor that you are forced to make your own shoes from the skins of the road killed animals you have cured in your own bathtub."

...and now I'm speechless...with an eye twitch.

lisapop

Reaction score
Say what you will, women "in-the-know" love MB and have been forking over big bucks for his shoes for years now, which flatter the female form like none other (Well, maybe Jimmy Choo shoes).  Amazing how he can get $700+ for just a few straps and a skinny sole.  Makes my shoes look like great values.
Grayson

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despite his less than superlative taste in men's shoes (although he does mention Lobbs in other posts), his tastes in menswear are considerably above average and generally sensible. And despite the name, there's no real connection with Blahniks.

dan

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're right, Dan. I just saw a disclaimer that there is no connection to Manolo Blahnik.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Say what you will, women "in-the-know" love MB and have been forking over big bucks for his shoes for years now

Oh, I don't doubt that he's a skilled women's shoe designer and an adept marketer (and getting weekly plugs for six years on "Sex in the City" has definitely helped - given this publicity, I don't think that women necessarily have to be "in-the-know" at this point to appreciate MB - having the disposable income to afford MB is another story). I just find some of the blog entries pretty hilarious. Especially how he keeps referring to himself as "The Manolo". I think I'm going to start referring to myself (both verbally and in written media) as "The Jeff" - at least until my wife slaps me in the head.

Regards,

The Jeff

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're right, Dan. I just saw a disclaimer that there is no connection to Manolo Blahnik.

Ah. I just saw it, too (in teeny, tiny print way at the bottom of the page). This was much funnier when I thought it was the real MB.

dorian

Reaction score
Say what you will, women "in-the-know" love MB and have been forking over big bucks for his shoes for years now, which flatter the female form like none other (Well, maybe Jimmy Choo shoes).  Amazing how he can get $700+ for just a few straps and a skinny sole.  Makes my shoes look like great values.
Grayson
I agree wholeheartedly.... Somehow, MBs and JCs alter a woman's figure (and not just elongating the legs)... It's incredible.

lisapop

Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly.... Somehow, MBs and JCs alter a woman's figure (and not just elongating the legs)... It's incredible.
Much easier on our eyes than the ladies' legs, though...and the bank accounts. Â By the way, did you hear about the surgical procedure some women are undergoing to alter their feet so they can fit into these very pointy stiletto shoes and boots? Â That's where I put my foot down on being a fashion victim. Â http://www.footcaremd.com/gf_a_nyt1203_2.html Grayson

dorian

Reaction score
Much easier on our eyes than the ladies' legs, though...and the bank accounts. Â By the way, did you hear about the surgical procedure some women are undergoing to alter their feet so they can fit into these very pointy stiletto boots? Â That's where I put my foot down on being a fashion victim. Â http://www.footcaremd.com/gf_a_nyt1203_2.html Grayson
Yes, it's repulsive. Everytime I've heard of someone doing that I have suggested wrapping their daughter's feet tightly enough to halt growth so that she won't have any such worries. But, really, the Japanese once did that, no?

tgfny

Reaction score
Glad the see the Father Guido Sarducci, he got a new gig.

lisapop

Reaction score
"The Manolo" is Manolo Classy.
Grayson

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads