• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manning Company in Hong Kong?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been reading some very informative posts regarding Hong Kong tailors as there's a chance I might be visiting in the upcoming months. I was wondering, does anyone have experience with Manning Company on Austin Road? There are not many reviews online. On their website (www.manningcompany.com) they mention they deal with fabrics such as Holland & Sherry, Dormeuil and Scabal. Prices seem very reasonable with three suits being $1899 USD - let's hope that's not an outdated price! How would they compare with suits from say WW Chan and Janzten?

Also, if anyone has any specific recommendations for a tailor in Hong Kong I'm happy to hear. My tastes run toward a more traditional English style suit that is quite fitted as I'm tall and thin - 6"1', 165 lbs - but not particularly athletic. I have some bespoke clothing, but am also looking for an expert tailor who can help guide me and make suggestions for the perfect fit to make the suit really shine. I saw some photos of suits from 'whoopee' (http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=15359) and those looked particularly nice and of course were from the WW Chan and A-Man. I have a preference for the Chan because of the way the small of the back is smoothly suppressed. Any information is much appreciated. Thanks.

Best,
David

misterjase

Reaction score
I'd suggest you look into what Gordon Yao could offer.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks misterjase. I'll look into Yao as well. I'm a bit reluctant to spend $1000 USD on a suit over there as I've found a suitable NY bespoke tailor for $1200 USD. But perhaps Chan or Yao would have that additional fine touch. I'm wondering if Manning Company is somewhat of a diamond in the rough or if their quality is not nearly up to the top level.

Best,
David

kay

Reaction score
I've to Manning company few times already i tried 1 suit in 2006 and was happy with that then in 2007 i went back to them again and got 6 shirts and 4 suits made and was very pleased with the quality and the workmanship.I'm planning to go there this year with my family and will be visit Manning once again and this time i'm going to order a lot of stuff as my suit which i bought in 2006 doesnt fit me as i have gain 40 pound need to get couple of new suits.
Thank you Manning and hope to see you soon in Hongkong will recommend all my friends to you.

mintchox

Reaction score
Hey, I have visited Manning Company quite a few times and their collection of bespoke suits really astonishes me. Custom Made Suits in Hong Kong are best available there. Wearing a suit that fulfills all your requirements boasts your confidence and makes you look extremely charming and fashionable. I ensure this company will prepare your suit by taking care of all your needs and make you look the best.

Have you been to any other tailors? How will you ensure that this company will take care of all our needs? Unless you are somehow related to it???

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you been to any other tailors? How will you ensure that this company will take care of all our needs? Unless you are somehow related to it???

Seems a pretty clear case of astroturfing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics