Manly Things

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by VMan, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Matt

Matt [email protected]

i posted this before the crash, but here it is, the Australian version of 24 things that make you feel like a man:

I'm a big fan of number 20 [​IMG]

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Similar to #22, I thought of another one: busting a knuckle or getting a bloody scrape on your hand and just keeping on working - at most you go fold up a paper towel and duct tape it on there so it doesn't drip blood on your upholstery. That's Manly first aid.

3. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

The antithesis of manliness: my common practice of sitting down to pee.[​IMG]

4. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

The antithesis of manliness: my common practice of sitting down to pee.[​IMG]

Honey, it's not my aim, it's the altitude!

Relevant: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/030509.html

~ Huntsman

5. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Having a spontaneous sword/lightsaber fight with whatever implement's handy.
    Reminded me of this:

6. Flame

Flame Senior member

I know what makes me feel not like a man. Taking a friend's little toy dog for a walk.

7. jay allen

jay allen Well-Known Member

Being a Maine Yankee I've done most of the usual things like building my own house, fixing my truck, driving a backhoe, etc. The most "manly" thing I've done was working on a sword fishing boat for a few months many years ago. One of my jobs was to kill all the sharks we caught. The general method of accomplishing this was using an axe. After a few weeks at sea.......and many sharks killed.....we landed a 10 foot Mako. I went about my usual business but the thing wouldn't die....it was freakin amazing, almost supernatural. I finally lost it and kicked it in frustration....just as it opened its mouth...and clamped down on my foot. I can assure you that at that moment I screamed like a little girl, not the 6'2", 230 LB, bearded, cave man that I looked like. A friend of mine on the ship quickly got a shotgun and pumped 3 loads into the sharks pea sized brain....about 6 inches from my foot. Thankfully it was nearly dead anyway so I escaped with only minor wounds.

Someday I'll tell you about getting dragged overboard......and the night we went throught the Bermuda Triangle.......on Friday the 13th.

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

This is very neat.

Also flying helicopters would so seriously make this list. I remember watching Harrison Ford on Leno -- he had a chopper, and Leno pressed him about it, and apparently he'd broken it. Down a notch in manliness right there. Plus that earring!

Regards,
    Huntsman

when I was in my twenties and I went out with friends we would be a bunch of gunmen and pilots - my best friend is a father of 3 and an MBA/Engineer - but he was a fighter/bomber pilot at the time. there may not be anything quite as manly as sitting around over beer comparing stories of shootings and bombings.

9. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Jacking off with sandpaper.

10. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

Similar to #22, I thought of another one: busting a knuckle or getting a bloody scrape on your hand and just keeping on working - at most you go fold up a paper towel and duct tape it on there so it doesn't drip blood on your upholstery. That's Manly first aid.

I always cauterize mine with the lighter from my car.

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I also like knowing how to drive. Girls can't seem to figure that shit out.

Yeah, what's up with that?

Jon.

12. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

Wuss.

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

You must have no penis left.

Jon.

14. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I was imagining something like this actually, lol.

[​IMG]

P.s. I agree, ditto on the +1 homme-points for the backing up with out mirrors though

See, that's what you use to drive to a party. Let everyone else bring their 911's and their SL500's, and the one guy with the F360. You on the other hand bring a 3 million dollar truck than can haul 300+ tons and is the size of a house. Plus, no one is cutting you off, because, well you take up the entire road, both directions.

Jon.

15. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I'm a fan of this one. My GF always rolls her eyes when I nod to cops. She's all "Do you know that guy?" and I'm like "No."

I'm not particularly good with cars, but when I had a driveway, I always used to change my own oil, flush/fill other automotive fluids, etc. That was fun.