1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Manila Tailor

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Dr. J, Dec 12, 2007.

1. tabonman

tabonman Member

I am considering that as a backstop. But the logistics of sending the shoes back to Spain make a sale in the Philippines much more appealing. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

2. kevinyapjoco

kevinyapjoco Well-Known Member

Agree that sending it would cost a lot. On the other hand, selling a relatively unknown brand in the Philippines will be extremely difficult. Only a handful of people here are familiar with Meermin.

3. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Congrats to Ed for the Vault feature.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  4. jjgrill52

jjgrill52 Member

I'm completely clueless when it comes to this, any tips on what to look for in Navy fabric when I head out to Binondo or Fanbi? Looking to get my first work suit tailored by Cornells. Crossing my fingers that there's going to be another Binondo fabric buying trip soon.

5. kevinyapjoco

Look for worsted cloths with a fine, smooth and crisp appearance. If you need more info check out my blog or PM me.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  6. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

I didn't realize there was a Manila thread here in SF. Lots of catch up reading for me...

7. pakwal

pakwal New Member

Hello Everyone! I just joined and wanted to know if anyone can recommend a decent tailor for altering jeans (slim the legs) and shirts (take a few inches off the waist)? I tried Cornell's but was told their machines cannot do jeans and they do not do alterations in any case. A home service tailor would be great, but if you have a person somewhere around the Makati area, that would work perfectly as well.

8. Adnar

Adnar New Member

^^ would also like Jean tailor feedback

Hi All,

long time reader first time poster.. recently got a suit from Tinos and it's great however I think the fabric quality (and selection) was so so.. Does anyone have any experience with buying rolls of Zenga material? I noticed they sell it themselves (400pounds a suit!) and was considering this as a Tino made/Zenga fabric suit is still a steal @ that price.

9. kevinyapjoco

There's a Levi's outlet store in Alphaland Southgate Mall. They can slim down the leg but not sure about the waist. Best to buy jeans that fit well off the rack as there are plenty of choices out there.

10. kevinyapjoco

You can go to Hong Kong and pick up a few yards.

11. pakwal

pakwal New Member

Great, thanks for the advice Kevin. The jeans fit me once but lost some weight so want them taken-in. I had the shirts made in Hong Kong a few years ago, but they too look like there's a little too much fabric now. Thanks again!

12. kevinyapjoco

The problem with waist alterations is that the pockets will look weird and out of proportion. Best to buy a new pair if you lost weight.

13. neyus

neyus Senior member

I can't wait to go back to The Philippines. Hopefully this year.

14. raniroque

raniroque New Member

Hi guys, been back reading a lot and I'm happy on all of your insights.

I'm interested in knowing your go to tailors that aren't that pricey. From what I've read Cornell's is one... Any other options? I also would like to know the rates for Abdul's shirts. Thanks

15. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

From my email discussion with him:

...Average price is about P3,900 for a shirt and P4,900-5,900 for chinos/trousers...

16. fknandrew

fknandrew Active Member

Hi guys,

Years back, people have been talking about going to Secret Armory and will report on how their suits turned out.  I don't think anyone made any report on the results.  Anyone with photos and/or review of their experience with Secret Armory? Their last post in their FB page was a year ago. Buhay pa ba sila?

As for Tinio, I hear a lot of good reviews, but honestly, I have yet to see a photo of suits from there that I liked. Maybe I just don't like the tailor's fit preference, too "american fit"-ish I think. (or his suits aren't photogenic?:p).

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  17. kevinyapjoco

Secret Armory is still alive. They like to keep a low profile.

Tiño likes to market their suits as fashion and highlight the craftsmanship at the same time. That's probably why you don't like the photos that you see.

18. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Great idea. If love to go but currently not based in Manila and will only be back to the motherland last week of July.

19. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Hi Folks, not sure if anybody is interested but I could not find a forum dedicated to Filipino Men's style, fashion and grooming. I know that we have this thread here (as well as threads in PinoyExchange, Philippine WatchIdiot, ect) that have subcategories for these topics, as well as great men's style blogs (kevinyapjoco's and david guison's) but I could not find a real community of Filipino men talking, discussing, and sharing about men's style.

I feel that there is an empty space in the web for a user generated content website where Filipino men who's preference is to be well groomed and dressed can just simply discuss about this common interest of ours. Im a member of PhilippineWatchClub and I really like the camaraderie formed in that group and I think there is a potential to form the same within a group of Filipino men interested in style and fashion.

As I have an unused domain, I created dapperedph.com. It's an ad-free forum (hopefully it can remain that way as long as i can maintain the funds for its upkeep)that I hope can grow into a community with useful style and fashion information.

Hope to see you guys there!

20. green garden

green garden Senior member

Any suggestions in the Pasig/San Juan where I can get reliable alteration? I got a BB jacket that needs some slimming in the waist. Would appreciate some recommendations.