• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manila Tailor

rexy8800

Reaction score
Hi, thanks to this forum I discovered Cornell. I already have 8 shirts, 4 pants, and 1 suit made by them. My first suit was made by them, wore it for the anniversary party at work. Never wore it ever since, this is not a suit country.

knite

Reaction score
Today was my first fitting. I told Cornell that the trouser front is too tight, and that there's too much material on the sleeves.

The next fitting is tomorrow, and the final one the day after. I'll post a vest photo after tomorrow's fitting. I will also have my jeans from Jay, assuming that fitting goes well.

Be brutal, the fit needs some help!

My Glenmore shoes should be ready in a few days. Though I haven't met him in person, Adam has been a delight to work with over email. I couldn't decide between an oxford and a monkstrap, so they're making both. The one I don't choose will become a store sample.

Shoe specs:

Leather: DRED Side leather with Foam and Antra skin Lining
Shoe Point/Cap: Semi Extended, Rounded Cap "Point 1"/ Slopped
Sole: Waist ended Quarter MS Carasole Welt to Dark Brown finished Argentine Bendsoles
Heel: 3 cms Straight stacked carasole

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was at Cornell's at the same time. I hope they were able to adjust your shirts and trousers properly. How much did it cost for the Glenmore shoes? Can you post pictures once you get them? I'm thinking of having a pair made soon.

Today was my first fitting. I told Cornell that the trouser front is too tight, and that there's too much material on the sleeves.
The next fitting is tomorrow, and the final one the day after. I'll post a vest photo after tomorrow's fitting. I will also have my jeans from Jay, assuming that fitting goes well.
Be brutal, the fit needs some help!

My Glenmore shoes should be ready in a few days. Though I haven't met him in person, Adam has been a delight to work with over email. I couldn't decide between an oxford and a monkstrap, so they're making both. The one I don't choose will become a store sample.
Shoe specs:
Leather: DRED Side leather with Foam and Antra skin Lining
Shoe Point/Cap: Semi Extended, Rounded Cap "Point 1"/ Slopped
Sole: Waist ended Quarter MS Carasole Welt to Dark Brown finished Argentine Bendsoles
Heel: 3 cms Straight stacked carasole

neyus

Reaction score
How did the Cornell or Glenmore shoe thing work out?

neyus

Reaction score
Glenmore should be able to make a welted shoe. I had a couple of pairs made by them, both of these were welted.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone from glenmore just created a SF account.

emptym

Reaction score
^Interesting. Update about themanilahaberdasher, aka JR, aka Alejandro:

I never received the email he promised a few weeks ago with the tracking info. I called him yesterday. He says he emailed me that he found my package at PhilPost and that he sent it again last week through FedEx. He emailed me what he said was a forwarded message from FedEx saying FedEx tried to deliver it last week and would try again. I tried checking the tracking number myself, but it wouldn't work. That was all yesterday. I've emailed him and FedEx to see what's up with the package. Haven't heard from either yet. I hope he really has sent it. Will let you all know.

emptym

Reaction score
Update on themanilahaberdasher, aka Jr., aka JR, aka Alejandro:

FedEx says the tracking number he gave me is invalid. Jr. himself hasn't replied to me. I'm going to have to call him again. Am really getting tired or the runaround.

Last edited:

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A new tailor opened up shop near my office. "The Tailor Shop" with "master cutter" Nando Villareal. I'll drop by tomorrow.

Last edited:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ a quick google search showed he was with pour homme in makati.

salut

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is a very interesting thread. It seems like at the start several years ago the sartorial environment was very bleak but it is picking up thanks to your efforts.

I am hardly an expert on suits but am developing an idea of decent vs. average vs. bad. I used to live in China and had several suits made there and was very happy with the results. Since then, I have been living in Switzerland where everything is expensive. I have new OTR suits but even after alterations they don't feel nearly the same as the ones I got in China.

Anyway I'll be in Manila the 11th to the 17th and am thinking about getting a new suit made while I'm there. I know HK is the place to go but unfortunately I won't have enough time to go there on this trip. Will be going to Singapore for just two days which probably isn't enough time for a new suit anyway. (I'll be in DC and NY later the month though so I'd also be interested if you happen to know of reasonably priced places there you'd recommend.)

Jay/the haberdasher sounds great but delivery takes long (if it ever happens)...

It looks like people's opinions of Cornell's is improving. I would like to get a wool three-button suit. Do you think they would be able to make it in less than a week? If that's the case, I know you all said the fabric selection is not that great. Do any of you have extra good fabric you're looking to sell?

Also what is the latest thinking on Sarto Manila? It seems it takes them several weeks, right? Have any of you tried Naluzzi?

Thanks!!

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cornell takes 2 weeks for a suit, at least, and December is probably a busy time for them.

I recommend you get a bunch of shirts or trousers done instead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads