• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manila Tailor

emptym

Reaction score
^I've long been a fan of Cornell's, and a few guys have had some things made there that they've posted above. He's who I'd see. His pants and shirts are great. Coats are very good. I'd be sure to ask for no collar stays in the shirts and higher/tighter collar and armholes on the jacket. Maybe more open quarters/fronts, if that's your preference.

knite

Reaction score
Does Cornell's have an email address? I'd like to email them to determine pricing so I can compare pricing to BB's guy (themanilahaberdasher.tumblr.com) before my arrival on Thursday. How does the quality compare?

silvermagenta

Reaction score
prices are completely different. if you are going by price, cornell is the way to go. quality and fabric selection goes to manila haberdasher.

aon

Reaction score
Can someone who has tried manila haberdasher post a picture of his suit? Is the cut better than Cornell's?

Thanks.

silvermagenta

Reaction score
the thing about jr is that he has no 'cut'. it really depends on the customer.

emptym

Reaction score
I still haven't received my stuff from Jr., and he's ignored my emails since May. So I can't recommend him at this time. If things change, I'll let you know.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've had a few shirts and pants made by Cornell's and though I'm no expert (very far from it) I am happy with the quality for the price you pay for. As long as you tell him specifically how you want things done I think you'd be happy with Mr. Cornell's work. And if he doesn't get it right the first time, he'll do all the necessary alterations until you're happy with the final product.

Reaction score
You can email them at [email protected]. I haven't tried emailing them though so not sure how fast they reply to emails.

Does Cornell's have an email address? I'd like to email them to determine pricing so I can compare pricing to BB's guy (themanilahaberdasher.tumblr.com) before my arrival on Thursday. How does the quality compare?

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cornell's prices are roughly
Shirts: P650 for CMT, P1000 with fabric
Jackets: P5000 for CMT, P8000 with fabric
Trousers: P2000 with fabric. Probably P1200 CMT?

You may want to provide your own fabric as they don't have a particularly wide selection.

neyus

Reaction score
I don't know how much fabric costs in Philippines, but if you want to purchase through me you're more than welcome.

knite

Reaction score
I stopped in to both Cornell's and Glenmore today.

I exchanged a few emails with Adam at Glenmore, but he wasn't at the store this afternoon. The staff there didn't speak a lot of English, so I wasn't able to do much more than have my measurements taken and put down a deposit. Leather and construction quality both seemed reasonable, especially for the price. None of the styles especially wowed me. I wanted them to make me a monk strap, but I think an oxford may be safer. I hope that if I forward them photos of several shoes, they'll be able to copy well.

Cornell's didn't seem very concerned with discussing the details of my suit. They're just a 10 minute walk from me, so I'll be heading over tomorrow with lots of photos and hoping for the best. I did not get a good sense of quality from them. I'm a little wary, but the prices are quite good. Do any of you have tips on how I can get Cornell's best work?

Cornell's doesn't do jeans, so I'll be checking out The Manila Haberdasher as well.

If any of you who are local have spare yards of nicer quality fabric (suit or shirt) that you'd like to sell, please let me know ASAP!

Last edited:

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I stopped in to both Cornell's and Glenmore today.
I exchanged a few emails with Adam at Glenmore, but he wasn't at the store this afternoon. The staff there didn't speak a lot of English, so I wasn't able to do much more than have my measurements taken and put down a deposit. Leather and construction quality both seemed reasonable, especially for the price. None of the styles especially wowed me. I wanted them to make me a monk strap, but I think an oxford may be safer. I hope that if I forward them photos of several shoes, they'll be able to copy well.
Cornell's didn't seem very concerned with discussing the details of my suit. They're just a 10 minute walk from me, so I'll be heading over tomorrow with lots of photos and hoping for the best. I did not get a good sense of quality from them. I'm a little wary, but the prices are quite good. Do any of you have tips on how I can get Cornell's best work?
Cornell's doesn't do jeans, so I'll be checking out The Manila Haberdasher as well.
If any of you who are local have spare yards of nicer quality fabric (suit or shirt) that you'd like to sell, please let me know ASAP!

At Cornell's did you talk to the old man, or the son?
You're in the Makati conservative business dress. Head over to Greenbelt and look for the Fanbi fabric store.
I just came from Manila Haberdasher's place an hour ago for final fitting of a linen jacket.

Heh. You, me, Cornell's and Manila Haberdasher are within a 2km radius of each other.

aon

Reaction score
What's the address of Manila Haberdasher?

knite

Reaction score

What's the address of Manila Haberdasher?
Having literally just returned from seeing him, I can say he's at >. Jay is young (26) but sounds like he knows what he's doing. I'll post photos of the jeans he's making for me when they're complete. Bad news at Cornell's - they can't do a fully canvassed jacket in 9 days. I'm getting trousers, a matching vest, and two shirts. Glenmore really sucks at replying to my emails. On top of that, Jay says their shoes are glued instead of welted. I'm tempted to write my $50 deposit off as a lost cause.

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
^I hope you get your stuff from Jay/Jr./the manila Haberdasher. The shoes I have from him, posted above, are great. But as I've mentioned before, I still haven't received the jeans and shirt I ordered from him, along with a shirt and pants from Cornell (that he used as models) and some extra suit fabric. It's now been well over a year. He's told me he's attempted to deliver the stuff several times, but... He says he'll get back to me on Monday after checking to see if my stuff has been held up at the post office.

Earlier in the thread, I mentioned a place in Manila that does fully canvased coats quickly: Toppers at 277 Katipunan, across from Ateneo. It's a tiny, dingy place, but the work looked pretty good. Prices are between Cornell and Jay. I haven't tried it, but I'd love to.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads