• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Manhattan Vintage Shops

DocHunter

Reaction score
I was wondering if some New Yorkers may be able to recommend me some good vintage shops in Manhattan. I'll be here for a few days and I'd like to do some vintage shopping since I don't really have the opportunity to do it back home. Thanks.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Conventional wisdom seems to be that vintage shopping in New York is not very good, and what is good is extremely expensive. There should be a few threads on this that mention the better places. In general, you find better deals in discounted RTW in NYC.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Another conventional wisdom is that when chorse123 says something about the NYC (mens' clothes) shopping scene, he's probably right.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What Comes Around Goes Around is one, but they are very expensive.

corbu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
What Comes Around Goes Around is one, but they are very expensive.

i'd hardly consider that place a true vintage store... and everything is really overpriced

theres a decent vintage store in the east village on 1st ave. around 12th st. ... nothing amazing, but they have a few decent finds for cheap

pharrow59

Reaction score
Originally Posted by corbu
i'd hardly consider that place a true vintage store... and everything is really overpriced

theres a decent vintage store in the east village on 1st ave. around 12th st. ... nothing amazing, but they have a few decent finds for cheap

i've been there. some good t-shirts but no big deal.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40