• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone go today? I received a msg. the discount is 80%...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well if there is nothing worth then I'm not going to bother regardless discount..., so I say to myself all the time...

letsgofire

Reaction score
I think it’s worth attending if you are in the area. Most things, like suits and sports coats are 80% off the tag price. Lots of styles I would say, even in basic solid colors. Good selection of shoes and boots too at 75%. Limited selection of outerwear and trousers though.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I walked past a “pop up” Sale of their stuff a couple of weeks ago near Vanderbilt AVe ( maybe on 45th).
i am not very familiar with the brand, though it all looked pretty average to me.
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Even at 80% off retail, it would not have encouraged me to buy...

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
How is 80% off not a great deal? PS has some of the best menswear out there.

Sample sales are very hit or miss. I've been to Paul Smith sample sales, and... One of them had a ton of sparkly dinner jackets, and not much else on the tailoring racks. Sizes are limited, too.

Paul Smith might also not quite be worth its full prices... Obviously, 80% off is still a great price for a piece you like, but it wouldn't be the same as getting 80% off... say, Ring Jacket. Which...

****, why did I pass up that DB... Somebody make The Armoury have another sample sale!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thought we’re talking about Paul Stuart not Paul Smith, if there are 80 off on Phineas Cole in my size I would buy all day (save for the really crazy stuff but even the crazy stuff are usually tastefully done)

Friend

Reaction score
Brooklyn Tailors is having their sample sale this weekend at their Williamsburg shop. Been through the last few times, and it usually has some good stuff, including an absolutely ridiculous amount of velva sheen clothes in all sizes at thrift store prices. Would recommend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads