Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. andyw

andyw Senior member

I bought the wool/ramie/silk blue sportcoat late in afternoon today for $225 even though it was more than my sales radar was set for. I'm glad I did because the check out clerk - a HF employee as opposed to a Soiffer Haskins employee, said that at most the sports jackets will go down to $199 tomorrow. While I was motivated to purchase with the knowledge that my size 38S is rare and quick action imperative, I'm glad to learn I wasn't going to do much better in price.

BTW, the HF outlet at Woodbury Commons has all the Bobby Jones trousers at the same ticketed sale price........plus a 30% discount off that ticket price. I purchased 3 pairs of trousers at an average of $50/ pair.

2. mr. magoo

mr. magoo Senior member

IMC Showroom (Brunello Cucinelli and Michael Bastian) sample sale starts Monday the 7th. 29 W 57th, 4th Floor.
    Sizes 50 and M.

Any idea for how long it runs?

3. halpap

halpap Active Member

The sportsjackets were still $225 this morning.

4. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

Helmut Lang Sample Sale Today

NOT WORTH YOUR TIME​

Prices were very high and the selection reminded me of a discount Theory rack

5. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

The sportsjackets were still $225 this morning.

suits still 600?

6. etl

etl Senior member

suits still 600?

HF? I think they were marked down to 2 for 1100. [​IMG] Hard to believe that it's the final day and pricing hadn't changed. I went in search of chorse's blue, patch pocket jacket but sizes were pretty poor for 41s. Seems like most of the Rs were pretty full and better selections in suits. Shirts and sports shirts were pretty meager also.

7. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Went by HF again this morning. Suits are still $600, and now 2 for $1100. This includes the Hand Tailored. Definitely a good deal if you need two suits. I tried a few on and the quarters were just too closed for me. Sportcoats are $225, $600 for cashmere. Zero price movement on the cashmere, which I find strange. Dress trousers are $99. Yippee. [​IMG] Ties have not moved at all. Not sure about dress shirts, or tuxedos. Formal sets are still $50. Casual trousers are $35. This is a nice deal. Some of these retailed for $325. Tried on about a dozen pairs and only two fit me, a red canvasy cotton, and a thin whale marine blue. HF has some wildly divergent trouser models, so you have to try them on in my opinion. HF sweaters were $35. This is also a good deal. Bought a long sleeve polo in navy. A basic that was originally $200. They also had it in lime green, earthy melange brown, grey, an orange I think. The brown was great, but was pilling like crazy. No thanks. This is the sweater: [​IMG] Almost bought this one in grey, but it was a little too small. [​IMG] Bobby Jones outerwear is half off the marked price. And yes, they do have those gorgeous cashmere herringbone patch pocket jackets. A little bummed because the crazy canary yellow was gone, but bought the light grey for $135 total, down from $1350 (more like $1450+ when you add tax). Glad to have this one back. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] The hickey stuff also has some nice bargains. All sportcoats are $99. A great price for casual stuff. Nearly bought a 38R seersucker but have one. Lots of weird stuff styles, like a heavy white cotton, a loud camo, madras, paisley, etc. This plaid cashmere one (with suede edging on the lapels) was also $99, down from $1400[​IMG] Yeah, not my size though. Smallest looked like maybe a 42R or 44R. [​IMG] http://www.hickeystyle.com/website/p...AIAGNLGOGLMDO&

8. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

thanks for the tip, totally negelected to check out bobby jones and Hicky stuff, was solely focused on HF hand tailored suits .......... did you see some decent big sized Bobby Jones jackets left?

9. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Does that plaid sportcoat above come in a 43R? If it's only $99, I'd be willing to pay someone extra to grab one for me. I'm typically between a 42R-44R, but would go with the 44R if there was no 43R...

10. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

thanks for the tip, totally negelected to check out bobby jones and Hicky stuff, was solely focused on HF hand tailored suits .......... did you see some decent big sized Bobby Jones jackets left?
    Not sure on straight outwear, but on the Bobby Jones sportcoats, HELL YES. This is the jacket I mentioned above, albeit one in a different color that I bought last year and decided to sell. In size L and XL, I think they had it in this baby blue, light grey, navy, and canary yellow. $135 with tax. Excellent deal. In M (40-42R probably) they had in light grey. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. demo5

demo5 Senior member

What were the 42-44 tuxedos like? Any left?

12. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

13. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

anyone stop by the cuccenelli/bastain sale prices /selection?

14. seok

seok Senior member

at 30% off, not really biting. decent selection. some sports shirts $150-200 before discount. a row of sweaters.

anyone stop by the cuccenelli/bastain sale prices /selection?

15. jimo

jimo Member

does any one know when the santoni sale this year if there is any? i picked up a pair of handmade last year. they were the best shoes i have.