Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Where in Barneys are the C&Js?

2. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

Main floor, shoes. The sale C&J's are on a table with other shoes on sale, right in the middle of the floor. you can't miss them. I was considering the Chadwick, but wasn't sure if it was HG. Thanks for the clarification VR.

3. lefty

lefty Senior member

Main floor, shoes. The sale C&J's are on a table with other shoes on sale, right in the middle of the floor. you can't miss them. I was considering the Chadwick, but wasn't sure if it was HG. Thanks for the clarification VR.

Thanks.

Barney's is a pain for me to get to. Did you notice if they had a good spread of sizes available?

lefty

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Handgrades have channeled soles (can't see stitching)

5. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

chadwick suede monk, 7.5 only. boswell in black, 7.5 and 8. camberley is 449.

6. StockwellDay

Handgrades have channeled soles (can't see stitching)

Thanks for the tip!

The shoes seemed to limited, but various sizes available. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to remember what sizes, sorry.

There are also other "made for Barney's" shoes on sale that include Bettanin & Venturi and Harris.

Also some Zegnas, Prada etc. around the circular post to the RIGHT of the C&J table.

7. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

connaughts (bench grade) in a nice medium brown are 249. seem to have a range of sizes. 12s are gone tho. [​IMG]

8. lefty

lefty Senior member

connaughts (bench grade) in a nice medium brown are 249. seem to have a range of sizes. 12s are gone tho. [​IMG]

So I may get lucky if I'm looking for a 10.5?

Thanks.

lefty

9. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

they seemed to have plenty of selection in the connaughts. it's worth a shot. someone was trying on a pair of 11.5s just behind me? was it an sfer perchance? looked like a well turned out fellow in any case.

10. minimal

minimal Senior member

I posted this over in the "current events" part of the forum, but think it may be of interest to the readers of this thread:

Bloomberg is proposing to eliminate tax on clothes and shoes. There is a very good chance this will go through, and it will be in effect for 2007.

Here's the NYT link:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/17/ny...bloomberg.html

That is all.

11. StockwellDay

I posted this over in the "current events" part of the forum, but think it may be of interest to the readers of this thread:

Bloomberg is proposing to eliminate tax on clothes and shoes. There is a very good chance this will go through, and it will be in effect for 2007.

Here's the NYT link:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/17/ny...bloomberg.html

That is all.

Right, however, unfortunately the idea is a bit of a misnomer, since state tax and MTA tax would still be 4+%

12. lockey2k

lockey2k Senior member

1/20-1/28 Seize sur Vingt's handmade suits (from $200), dress shirts ($60 to $80), and sweaters (from $60) are on sale. 267 Elizabeth St., nr. Prince St. (212-343-0007); 11-7.

From NY Magazine.

Are these suits/sweaters any good?

13. southgate house

southgate house Senior member

they are generally really nice, if not slightly overpriced. the suits are made by boglioli the last time i asked. the sweaters vary in quality and origin but i picked up a fair isle vest there a few weeks ago that i love. they have a sister store on the some block that sells a variety of alfred sargeant shoes in some difficult to find looks (blue suede, canvas desert boots). i would check it out.

14. lockey2k

lockey2k Senior member

they are generally really nice, if not slightly overpriced. the suits are made by boglioli the last time i asked. the sweaters vary in quality and origin but i picked up a fair isle vest there a few weeks ago that i love. they have a sister store on the some block that sells a variety of alfred sargeant shoes in some difficult to find looks (blue suede, canvas desert boots). i would check it out.

How much are the items normal price?

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

they have a sister store on the some block that sells a variety of alfred sargeant shoes in some difficult to find looks (blue suede, canvas desert boots). i would check it out.
    Many of these shoes are actually made exclusively for 16sur20. I checked with Alfred Sargeant directly on a pair I liked and they told me they were unable to sell me the shoes and that they were exclusive 16sur20 designs