• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Free shipping at polo.com with DECTHANKS. Sorry it's not something better, but better than nothing.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Free shipping at polo.com with DECTHANKS. Sorry it's not something better, but better than nothing.

To add . . . The fee shipping applies anyways with orders over $150 I believe.

lockey2k

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StockwellDay

Swiss Watch Sample Sale
Score Tissots, Longines and Rados at less than half price.
411: Dec 8, 10am-8pm; Dec 9, 9am-6pm; 123 W. 18th St (between 6th and 7th Aves), 212-463-0071

Anyone stop by?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
David Chu sample sale is supposed to re-open Monday (tomorrow, the 11th). They were supposed to email people about it, but I never got one. Did anyone else? I'm thinking about picking up shirts and maybe another tie.

A quick Internet search turned up nothing. If they're wondering why no one came to the first round, perhaps this helps explain it...

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
12/7-1/31 Issey Miyake's sculptural men's taffeta coats, textured cotton shirts, and women's hooded capes are 40 percent off. 802 Madison Ave., nr. 67th St. (212-439-7822), and Tribeca Issey Miyake, 119 Hudson St., at N. Moore St. (212-226-0100); call for store hours.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just in case anyone else is interested, Chu sale is back this week. 10-6 through Friday. Discounts are the same. They may have some new suits (seemed to be a number of 42s that I don't remember). Shirts are pretty much the same stock, as are ties. I picked up a linen shirt this morning.

asdfeproiu

Reaction score
I'm guessing nothing will fit my small 5'7, 36S body? At either the Issey Miyake or the David Chu thing?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not 5'7". I didn't even notice whether they had anything smaller than a 40.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Chu sale didn't have many, or any small suit sizes.

You could get small sizes in the sportswear, though, and there were many ties.

rajesh06

Reaction score
Does Paul Stuart have a sale going on? If not, do you know the usual time of year for PS sales?

lockey2k

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rajesh06
Does Paul Stuart have a sale going on? If not, do you know the usual time of year for PS sales?

Post X-mas

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What we really need is another Paul Stuart sample sale. I'll be all over that like stink on a monkey.

Mblova

Reaction score
Whos Paul Stuart?

Good clothing for a reasonable price?

Locations around jersey?

polarbear

Reaction score
Just got back from the Chu sale. Only came away with a cashmere "Lincs" sweater. There were a couple of suits in my size, but to me the quality seemed pretty "eh." What's the consensus on Chu suit quality? Style and fit were pretty good, but the fabrics seemed a little stiff and all the ones I saw were fused (i think). Seems like an OK deal at ~450, but nothing phenomenal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads