Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

No one here has been to the APC Overstock Sale in Brooklyn yet?
    nope

2. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Went to APC in B'klyn on Friday, a few hours into the sale.

Big feeding frenzy. APC is a draw.

Already then denim pants pretty much gone, unless you're pixie-sized.

There were racks of shirts, coats, etc. but mostly more eccentric styles.

3. cefotetan

cefotetan New Member

I echo the above sentiments.
    I waited on line for about 90 mins
    There were slim pickings
    Sizes were small
    Not much large, medium
    None of their famous denim
    Very strange shirts, lots of colors, likely from several seasons ago

Dont waste your time and wait for the APC sale in January when they are trying to get rid of their fall/winter stuff

4. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Adding to the above:

A clerk told me that this offsite sale is an annual event; the semi-annual one will not be as large.

Same time, next year [​IMG]

5. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

Any field reports from the Boss sale?

6. txnskr

txnskr Member

Anyone been to the Andrew Marc sale. They had lots of stuff, but what has been your experience with their stuff? I saw a bunch of leather jackets, normal lapel and tab collars for $250, is this a good deal?

7. Lino

Lino Senior member

No one here has been to the APC Overstock Sale in Brooklyn yet?

What is APC? You don't mean the surge protector company?

8. Lint Brush

Lint Brush Senior member

I had some nice success at the Bloomingdale's sale (last day is today). I opened an account for the extra 15% on top of the 40% and got a very nice Canali "Exclusive Collection" three button in a super 150s wool (which I will not be subjecting to lab analysis). A nice selection of the Corneliani made Blue Label, lots of Canali suits and sport coats and Hickey made Burberry.

9. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Just came back from the Mansion. There're about 6 RTW EG models, however, only a limited selection of RLPL EG models will be available on sale (40% off plus another 15% off) this coming Thur. But all C&J will be on sale, so a pair of C&J 337 will be $300, a great deal. I picked up a pair of RLPL Parson and C&J Holland jodhpur double sole 337 last.

Polo will continue, I repeat, will continue to carry EG. I was told Polo was considering other makers during the summer because of production delay but decided to stick with EG. I guess EG is too damn good at what they are doing for Polo to give them up, or Polo is too important a client for EG not to sweeten the deal or clean up their acts.

10. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks for the update VR. Great news about EG and RLPL![​IMG]

So the RLPL shoes that are included in the sale are $950 less 40%, less 15% ending up at $485 plus tax. Not too bad, any details on the models available?

I have a $280 gift card from the "Corbin" Polo.com debacle that I might just have to use this week. The C&Js would be almost free.[​IMG]

11. cefotetan

cefotetan New Member

PC is a french company
    people call it the French GAP but well made and more style
    APC has a cult following for their raw selvedge denim

12. von Rothbart

So the RLPL shoes that are included in the sale are $950 less 40%, less 15% ending up at $485 plus tax. Not too bad, any details on the models available?

Yes, that's correct. I think they have Grant, Carter, Pierson, Stern, Parson and a monk (not Camden, whose name I forgot). Grant and Carter will not be on sale. Don't know know about Pierson which I already have and the Monk but definitely Parson and Stern (as reported by Arg.) The C&J 337 is really a great deal at $300.

How come you got $280 gift card while I got none [​IMG] I returned my Corbin by mail, did you return yours to the Mansion?

13. aportnoy

Yes, that's correct. I think they have Grant, Carter, Pierson, Stern, Parson and a monk (not Camden, whose name I forgot). Grant and Carter will not be on sale. Don't know know about Pierson which I already have and the Monk but definitely Parson and Stern (as reported by Arg.) The C&J 337 is really a great deal at $300.

How come you got $280 gift card while I got none [​IMG] I returned my Corbin by mail, did you return yours to the Mansion?

Yup, I returned mine to the Mansion and took the gift card. What is Parson, I don't think I've seen it yet. Stern is nice too. What , if anything, was available in shell cordovan?

14. von Rothbart

Yup, I returned mine to the Mansion and took the gift card. What is Parson, I don't think I've seen it yet. Stern is nice too. What , if anything, was available in shell cordovan?

The Parson is a side elastic slip on broque. I think there's at least one C&J cordovan model, a chukka boot on Dainite sole.

15. aportnoy

The Parson is a side elastic slip on broque. I think there's at least one C&J cordovan model, a chukka boot on Dainite sole.

Did they give you the additional 15% or do we have to wait until the 16th?