1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. skefferz

skefferz Senior Member

as of 4:30 pm today at Barney's NY warehouse sale:

white tag suits and sport coat 50% off
    non-white tag suits and sport coats 30% off
    65% off Barneys/Coop shoes, 50% off all other shoes
    50% off shirts/ties

2. cchen

cchen Distinguished Member

Barney's warehouse sale:

Pure rubbish left. Can't believe people were fighting over house brand suits. Discount was not that big, and terrible selection left. I walked out emptyhanded.

3. lhooq

lhooq Senior Member

There's a 42S Kiton sportscoat that looks very similar to the plaid version on the far left side of the opening picture at kiton.it. Marked $1,100, minus 30% would be $770.

There are a few beautiful Batistoni plaid suits in all different sizes. A light tan color, and they fit like heaven. Marked $1,100, minus 30% would be $770.

Everything else is crap. I was expecting 80% off of ties, for which I would have bought a couple Barney's house labels in colors and patterns I liked. It's still 50% off.

Oh, one more thing: the place is insanely packed . . . it's hard to breathe in there, and the line stretches all the way back towards where the overcoats are -- it would've taken an hour to get to the registers if I had bought anything.

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Barney's warehouse sale:

Pure rubbish left. Can't believe people were fighting over house brand suits. Discount was not that big, and terrible selection left. I walked out emptyhanded.

Agree. One interesting thing: the "imperfect section" had suits and coats at 90% discount to marked price [​IMG] some people who looked nothing like clothes horses (not to be insulting...) were piling heavily marked down items in large plastic bags... makes you understand a little better how so many items end up on eBay... [​IMG]

5. Urban Warrior

Urban Warrior Senior Member

WOW, I picked up a Brioni suit today! An Oxxford suit on Saturday,(side note Oxxford on 57th was more than happy to alter for me)an Isaia Super 130 stewart model suit and a Isaia Super 140 sportcoat that was $150!!!
    However it was stated above non white tag suits were 30% I only found them to be 20% today....All in all not too bad though.

6. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Distinguished Member

I picked up a pair of C&J Belgravia's in "Rev Calf Suede" - $128 and 4 pocket squares (3 Brioni) for $8.75/piece.

I also thought suits would be more discounted today. Last year it was 50% off all Barney's suits and 30% off all others on the last day-- but they rang up my Hickey Freeman as Barneys. I guess because it said "Hickey Freeman - Barney's" inside the jacket.

7. Urban Warrior

Urban Warrior Senior Member

Stockwell, they gave you the 50% off even without the white tag? Pretty nice!!! I tried and was told NO WAY...the etra 30% really would have been sweet

8. StockwellDay

Urban,

Just so were clear. That was LAST YEAR -- actually, it was the Warehouse sale in the winter. But, yes, it was great. Saw some Hickey's today I liked, but at only 20% off - I passed.

9. lhooq

lhooq Senior Member

Just to clarify -- all suits and sportscoats are 30% off the lowest marked price unless they're white-tagged, in which case they're 50% off.

10. chorse123

chorse123 Stylish Dinosaur

I stopped by yesterday. Picked up a pair of rubber soled suede Franschetti shoes for under $50. But that's it. Saw a great Kiton 100% cashmere sportcoat in 38R for $600 (after 50% white tag markdown), but it was more than I wanted to spend and I didn't like it that much. Also a few nice Hickey Freeman and Canali pants, but none in my size. There were a few nice HF suits marked down to around $180, but again nothing in my size.

All in all, not great, but not utterly terrible.

11. StockwellDay

12. nelly

nelly Senior Member

Picked up 4 Barney's house brand dress shirts. From what I can tell, they are nothing to gloat about and seem to be Banana Republic type quality, but for $35 each it was an ok deal.

Also got three Zegna dress shirts, a Guy Rover dress shirt (never heard of), a Barney's tie for $14.50 and a Kiton tie.

My find of the day was a beautiful Borrelli dress shirt that escaped the masses.

13. josepidal

josepidal Distinguished Member

I saw a number of Borrelli shirts there tagged at $107. None in my size, though. One Brioni, a much larger number of Lorenzini.

Like people said, not much unless you were willing to wade through everything. I tried on a couple of overcoats and, um, didn't like the low armholes. (Thanks SF for saving me money?)

I just walked out with a single lavender Kiton tie for $53.50 as a souvenir. There were a handful in the room, lavender and cream logo ties, plus a couple in aqua. One in aqua was a sixfold but I had no idea how to match it... aqua (blue-green?) with orange and black squares/diamonds.

14. seok

seok Senior Member

(1) so where does this stuff leftover from Barney's Warehouse go?

(2) any updates from Oxxford sale?

15. mussel

mussel Senior Member

I was surprised by the number of Borrelli shirts ($97.50 tax free) still available the last day of the sale, I even spotted couple of Kiton shirts at $118 after 50% off.