• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone go today? I received a msg. the discount is 80%...

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait till tomorrow, 85% off or maybe even 90% off!
Last 2 times they maxed at 80%. We will see. I went first thing. Stuff left is pretty rough.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well if there is nothing worth then I'm not going to bother regardless discount..., so I say to myself all the time...

letsgofire

Reaction score
I think it’s worth attending if you are in the area. Most things, like suits and sports coats are 80% off the tag price. Lots of styles I would say, even in basic solid colors. Good selection of shoes and boots too at 75%. Limited selection of outerwear and trousers though.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I walked past a “pop up” Sale of their stuff a couple of weeks ago near Vanderbilt AVe ( maybe on 45th).
i am not very familiar with the brand, though it all looked pretty average to me.
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Even at 80% off retail, it would not have encouraged me to buy...

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
How is 80% off not a great deal? PS has some of the best menswear out there.
Sample sales are very hit or miss. I've been to Paul Smith sample sales, and... One of them had a ton of sparkly dinner jackets, and not much else on the tailoring racks. Sizes are limited, too.

Paul Smith might also not quite be worth its full prices... Obviously, 80% off is still a great price for a piece you like, but it wouldn't be the same as getting 80% off... say, Ring Jacket. Which...

Fuck, why did I pass up that DB... Somebody make The Armoury have another sample sale!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thought we’re talking about Paul Stuart not Paul Smith, if there are 80 off on Phineas Cole in my size I would buy all day (save for the really crazy stuff but even the crazy stuff are usually tastefully done)

Friend

Reaction score
Brooklyn Tailors is having their sample sale this weekend at their Williamsburg shop. Been through the last few times, and it usually has some good stuff, including an absolutely ridiculous amount of velva sheen clothes in all sizes at thrift store prices. Would recommend.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.