• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Shiny

Reaction score

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
anyone went to the Paul Stuart sample sale? How "recent" are the stuff, and anything in size 36?

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was there. Prices at 70% off full retail. Some recent (early 2019) stuff and a lot of items 2-3 years old and older. Very nice selection of tailored clothing sizes. I’m a hard fit so I was pleased. I wasn’t impressed with the shoes but maybe they best were gone by the time I arrived (lunch time on Sunday). I picked up a sc, scarf, and a couple ties. Will go back on Wednesday to see if the items I was on the fence with are still there and further marked down...

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t remember if there was much in 36. Im a 38L and I was surprised by how many SCs there were. I’d say definitely check it out if you can.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boglioli sample sale on through tomorrow at 182 Lafayette. Unusually they had quite a bit in larger (52-56 EU) sizes. Sport coats were 350-450, suits 350, overcoats 400. A few really nice suits including green and navy donegal silk wool blends, a really nice brown flannel. I picked up a nice linen/cashmere blend K jacket sportcoat. Good chance they may drop prices tomorrow by $50-100 per unit (they have done so in the last day on past sales).

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boglioli sample sale on through tomorrow at 182 Lafayette. Unusually they had quite a bit in larger (52-56 EU) sizes. Sport coats were 350-450, suits 350, overcoats 400. A few really nice suits including green and navy donegal silk wool blends, a really nice brown flannel. I picked up a nice linen/cashmere blend K jacket sportcoat. Good chance they may drop prices tomorrow by $50-100 per unit (they have done so in the last day on past sales).
Any idea on the selection in size 38? Much appreciated

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea on the selection in size 38? Much appreciated
Decent amount of stuff in 38 (48 EU) - I wear that size and so was keeping an eye out for that specifically. Unfortunately they arranged by price category and not by size but when I was browsing there were multiple pieces that caught my eye that they had 48s available.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.