Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

Good sale but I guess the first time is always the best with these things, so no $300 Drake's sports jackets or cashmere vests this time around.

Some very nice wool challis ties - great fabrics, basic 3-fold construction, untipped so probably won't compare very well to EG Cappelli but I think good value at $65 per tie. Squares were $30, but there were a lot of bandannas mixed in with the squares so you have to be careful. I found a nice moss green paisley bandanna. Bow ties were $25 also in some great wool challis designs - very similar if not the exact same pattern that used to be on the EG Cappelli home page.

The Ring Jacket stuff looks great and prices seemed decent but sizing seems way off. I was with a friend who is generally a 36-38 and he could not even get into the cotton action-back blazer that was tagged a 36, I think.

Also, be forewarned - the place is a sweatbox.

Unfortunately, no Sweetu this time around either.

All in all, definitely worth checking out if you're in the area and in need of some tie/scarf accessories.

2. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

I would rather spend sub $60 for a Drakes tie vs full price for a Cappelli. I have a number of Cappellis and they are great but I don't obsess about ties as I once did or as others still do on SF.

3. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

Can't argue with that!

4. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Anyone been to the Bastian sample sale yet?