1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Go to town, Lino. Most of the sportcoats are summer, and in some unusual colors, but they are great quality. And if you see that Zileri suit, and it fits, get it. You could, in my opinion, probably split the jacket off and wear it on its own.

2. romafan

romafan Senior member

40R?! Really? That's my size, I am so there tomorrow.

I have a thrid interview Tuesday, and since I do not have to wear suits for work, I am caught short (one winter suit that is staying in the closet, my first suit I sometime wear"”but no way for an interview, and a sportscoat and trouser combo that is too dressed down in my opinion and the cuffs on the jecket need to be shortened now that I know better).

I picked up a nice Zegna DB blue blazer @ 80% off. Still a bunch of Corneliani in summer colors/fabrics for $140 a pop. If you're a 42 there is an Isaia DB navy chalkstriped suit for $350....

3. GreenNYC

GreenNYC Senior member

I popped into C21 yesterday and just a word of caution on the Corneliani blazers in 40r....their condition is less than stellar (not surprising given how long they've been in the store). There were pulled threads and other irregularities in the fabric.

4. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Still a few nice things to be had at Saks. Pantherella socks under $10. Holliday & Brown ties $30. Some nice suits and sportcoats, too, though selection is limited. Also, saw a gorgeous green flannel Cifonelli suit at Century 21 in Brooklyn. Size 42L, $400. Edit - some of the H&B ties are available on Saks' website. I almost bought this in yellow but passed: [​IMG] http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...3632&ev19=1:11

5. rajesh06

rajesh06 Senior member

Dodged a conf call and went to the sale. There was a fresh supply of ties (a lot of Drake and H&B which were previously missing). I got an Isaia 7 fold and an H&B for about $40 each. I also got a beautiful Truzzi shirt for $90, down from $325. Didn;t really have time to look beyond the main shirt area.

Not a single EG in shoes. A lot of Bemer for Valextra shoes for $650-700 before the 30%. What's the deal with those?

Well I got a pair of EGs at the add'l 30% off. Long story - but I bought a pair of the Ashby's (606) in early July at $550 - had them shipped to me in PA to save tax and opened a Saks card to get 10% off for about $510 final cost. I wore them once and the left shoe fit tighter than the right - in fact I got a blister on my left foot. Before I wore them the second time - I looked at the hand-written size and realized that the left shoe I was sent was 1/2 size too small - i.e. I got a mismatched pair. Called Saks - didn't bitch, just said that I wanted to return the shoes to the Philly store. (I called to get authorization since I had scuffed up the soles in the initial wearing.)

Got a call a day later indicating that they had located the correct left shoe and if I could come in to do an exchange they would do a return on the original pair and a new purchase with the additional 30% off. Took care of the exchange today as I was in the NYC metro area anyway. So bottom line is that I got these shoes for something like $390.

6. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Well I got a pair of EGs at the add'l 30% off. Long story - but I bought a pair of the Ashby's (606) in early July at $550 - had them shipped to me in PA to save tax and opened a Saks card to get 10% off for about $510 final cost. I wore them once and the left shoe fit tighter than the right - in fact I got a blister on my left foot. Before I wore them the second time - I looked at the hand-written size and realized that the left shoe I was sent was 1/2 size too small - i.e. I got a mismatched pair. Called Saks - didn't bitch, just said that I wanted to return the shoes to the Philly store. (I called to get authorization since I had scuffed up the soles in the initial wearing.)

Got a call a day later indicating that they had located the correct left shoe and if I could come in to do an exchange they would do a return on the original pair and a new purchase with the additional 30% off. Took care of the exchange today as I was in the NYC metro area anyway. So bottom line is that I got these shoes for something like $390.

Sounds like quite a deal.

7. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Stefano Bemer??

8. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Yes, Stefano Bemer.

9. mussel

mussel Senior member

Oxxford moving sale up to 70% off.

10. romafan

romafan Senior member

Oxxford moving sale up to 70% off.

Yes!!! Sport coats under a grand! [​IMG]

11. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

Great deal! [​IMG]

12. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nice!!

13. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Stefano Bemer??

Now 30% off the $650 prices. Some real nice lasts.

14. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

Barney warehouse sale starts in 2 weeks. 8/17 - 9/4/06.
    Do they ever have C&J's on sale there?

15. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Yeah, but there are few, if any, handgrades.

16. Associate

Associate Senior member

Yeah, but there are few, if any, handgrades.

Do you actually know or assume based on past experience?

Last sale, in February, on the last day of sale, I bought two handgrades from among many available, though styles were limited. Of course, it doesn't say much for this sale.

17. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

I'm going to be in NYC for a week in october. Are there going to be any sales whatsoever then? Is there a shopping guide for the city please?

18. coachvu

coachvu Senior member

I'm going to be in NYC for a week in october. Are there going to be any sales whatsoever then? Is there a shopping guide for the city please?

New York Magazine's website lists sales, but it isn't that extensive. I'd start there and keep checking SF for other updates.

19. kali77

kali77 Senior member

Going to NYC tomorrow through the 16th. Any really good sales going on. Won't have a ton of time to shop since I am going with my wife and kids. However if there are some really good sales going on, I would make time.
    Thanks!

Gene

20. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

You're going to miss it by a day. The Barneys Warehouse sales starts on the 17th.

Going to NYC tomorrow through the 16th. Any really good sales going on. Won't have a ton of time to shop since I am going with my wife and kids. However if there are some really good sales going on, I would make time.
    Thanks!

Gene