1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

J.Crew has taken an extra 50% off sale items. Posted this elsewhere, but thought I should mention it here.

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

J.Crew has taken an extra 50% off sale items. Posted this elsewhere, but thought I should mention it here.
    Extra 20, I think

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

20% on-line, 50% in store. I was surprised - stopped in on a whim and walked out with a few things.

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Oh wow, where is the store?

5. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I went to the one on 5th and 17th, but I think it's all stores.

6. mussel

mussel Senior member

All suits are 20% off now at FB. The last time I checked the Union Square location, there were only a few Oxxford.

7. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

25% [​IMG]

Oxxford at Union Square are now spread around by size, I believe. There's one suit I'd love to buy. Keeps going 25% off, then back up, then 25% off, then back up. I'd buy it at 50% off.... [​IMG]

8. Associate

Associate Senior member

Just got a postcard from Saks announcing a sale Thurs-Sunday and claiming that they have gathered the sales leftovers from all their other stores. Might be interesting. I'll be very pissed if I show up thursday only to find it started on wed.

9. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Just got a postcard from Saks announcing a sale Thurs-Sunday and claiming that they have gathered the sales leftovers from all their other stores. Might be interesting. I'll be very pissed if I show up thursday only to find it started on wed.

At the 5th Ave. flagship store? Will there be more EG? What other Saks locations sell EG?

10. Associate

Associate Senior member

At the 5th Ave. flagship store? Will there be more EG? What other Saks locations sell EG?

Flagship store only. If they'll have a nice pair of EG loafers in 9.5US I'll be one happy dude. The markdown is not a big deal (55-65% of original price) but there might be interesting items from far flung Saks stores.

11. etl

etl Senior member

According to a quick phone call to Sak's men's shoes dept., their sale started on the 1st.

12. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Another markdown at C21 - Corneliani sportcoats, mostly 40R, are $130 or $140, down from $850. Saw a nice Polo linen suit for under $200. Also a great Pal Zileri glen plaid for under $200.

Why must all the great stuff be 40R..... GRRRR.

13. Mischa

Mischa New Member

Another markdown at C21 - Corneliani sportcoats, mostly 40R, are $130 or $140, down from $850. Saw a nice Polo linen suit for under $200. Also a great Pal Zileri glen plaid for under $200.

So no 38R? [​IMG]
    Thanks for the news though!!

14. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

A few things, but all garbage.

15. Mischa

Mischa New Member

According to a quick phone call to Sak's men's shoes dept., their sale started on the 1st.

Just checked it, and you're right: the sale has started already!

I've seen some nice shirts: Borrelli, Brioni, Isaia, Zegna; price range $90-140. (beware: there are some returned MTM shirts)

16. Associate

Associate Senior member

Dodged a conf call and went to the sale. There was a fresh supply of ties (a lot of Drake and H&B which were previously missing). I got an Isaia 7 fold and an H&B for about $40 each. I also got a beautiful Truzzi shirt for $90, down from $325. Didn;t really have time to look beyond the main shirt area.

Not a single EG in shoes. A lot of Bemer for Valextra shoes for $650-700 before the 30%. What's the deal with those?

17. mussel

mussel Senior member

Barney warehouse sale starts in 2 weeks. 8/17 - 9/4/06.

18. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

for the current Saks 30% on the final cut items, is there a chance they will be marked down further like to 50% off the lowest ticketed price?? or they will just go the the off saks 5th stores after the 30% sales.... they were def. some interesting items

19. faust

faust Senior member

for the current Saks 30% on the final cut items, is there a chance they will be marked down further like to 50% off the lowest ticketed price?? or they will just go the the off saks 5th stores after the 30% sales.... they were def. some interesting items

I am pretty sure this is it. I'm surprised the sale is still on that late.

20. Lino

Lino Senior member

40R?! Really? That's my size, I am so there tomorrow.

I have a thrid interview Tuesday, and since I do not have to wear suits for work, I am caught short (one winter suit that is staying in the closet, my first suit I sometime wear"”but no way for an interview, and a sportscoat and trouser combo that is too dressed down in my opinion and the cuffs on the jecket need to be shortened now that I know better).