• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T&A shirts $109. Ties $50. C&J Handgrades $350 but on 330 last. No 337's on sale. Some nice chukkas in suede and pebblegrain for $275.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Oxxford "End of Season/Moving sale" Moving?

They are moving to 56 between Mad. & 5th, right across the street from the bamboo atrium.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
T&A shirts $109. Ties $50. C&J Handgrades $350 but on 330 last. No 337's on sale. Some nice chukkas in suede and pebblegrain for $275.

What else do they have on sale beside shirts, ties and C&J?

darkoak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart

Blazers/sport coats, suits, outerwear, pants.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers on Madison has started their summer sale. A smattering of Golden Fleece suits on the 4th floor for $500, mostly winter weight. Summer suits are 25% off. Does anyone know if either of these will go lower?

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkoak
Blazers/sport coats, suits, outerwear, pants.

No braces or pocket squares?

How are the prices on suits and overcoats?

darkoak

Reaction score
No braces or pocket squares?

How are the prices on suits and overcoats?

I wasn't really looking, so, sorry, didn't notice. Suits were around $700. There was another rack of more expensive suits priced at $1500, although I couldn't see any reason why they deserve higher price than the other rack. I forgot what the overcoat prices were. Maybe someone else can chime in. Suits/sports coats were limited in selection/size. Mostly Chester Barrie made; some of the sport coats had Belvest-like tags.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cashmere $350. No pocket squares. Don't know about braces or suiting because I didn't look at them.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lobb selection was reasonably poor relative to last year.

Only a few prestige line shoes - basically just the 2004, actually. Unfortunately, they didn't have my size, which is a shame, becasue I really want that shoe.

I got a Chelmer and a bunch of shoe trees.

darkoak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Lobb selection was reasonably poor relative to last year.

Only a few prestige line shoes - basically just the 2004, actually. Unfortunately, they didn't have my size, which is a shame, becasue I really want that shoe.

I got a Chelmer and a bunch of shoe trees.

What are the prices?

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkoak
What are the prices?

04 Vintage - $798 (somewhere around that #). I didn't like the color of the ones available and it didn't fit me very well.

Prices generally varied from around $568 - $798. Crocs were $2000+.

I wonder if I ran into you z.

Edit: The Derwent is on sale as well for about $568. Pictured on this link further down the page. I think it's kinda nice.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=15683

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Vass can't go on sale, it wil undermine the whole operation!

tounge.gif

Joking, joking, xoxoxo
blush.gif

Nothing wrong with putting them on sale -

They must be marked as "Scratch and Dent" though. That makes them the same as samples.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The 45th Brooks Brothers sale is worth checking out just for the Golden Fleece suits on the 4th floor. Normally priced at $1700-$1900, they are all reduced to $498. There are a bunch of winter weight models but also some lighter weight gems to had.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics